Print The late Jason CorbettThe family of slain Limerick man Jason Corbett have said they are deeply shocked and disappointed, after his wife and father in law, Molly and Thomas Martens, were granted a full retrial charged with his murder.Mr Corbett’s body was found with multiple injuries inside his adopted home in North Carolina in 2015.His wife Molly Martens along with her retired FBI agent father were both found guilty of murdering the Limerick father of two following a 2017 trial.Prior to the murder trial Ms Martens had lost a protracted legal battle in the US courts with Mr Corbett’s sister Tracey Corbett Lynch and her husband David Lynch, for custody of Mr Corbett’s children Jack (now 16) and Sarah (now 14).Molly and Tom Martens were jailed for between 20-25 years after a jury convicted them of second degree murder.The jury found the daughter and father had beaten Mr Corbett to death while he slept in his North Carolina home on August 2, 2015.There was evidence Mr Corbett was drugged and beaten about the head with a brick and a baseball bat, and that he sustained crushing head injuries after he had died.The accused pair claimed they acted in self defence. The court heard the father and daughter had no visible injuries on the night of the murder.Mr Corbett married Ms Martens in 2011 after she had worked as a nanny to Jack and Sarah a number of years after their mother, and Mr Corbett’s first wife, Margaret Fitzpatrick, passed away after suffering an asthma attack.Mr Corbett’s murder trial heard that he had been preparing to relocate to Limerick with his children after difficulties arose in his marriage to Ms Martens.It was heard that Mr Corbett became increasingly concerned over his wife’s mental state.This Friday the North Carolina Supreme Court ratified a Court of Appeal decision that both accused should have a re-trial after it was deemed their ability to argue self defence at their 2017 trial had been unfairly hindered.They had also argued statements given by Jack and Sarah Corbett to social workers which the Martens believe would help their case should have been allowed as evidence in the murder trial.Reaction from Jason Corbett’s family in his native Limerick was one of deep disappointment and disbelief.Tracey Corbett Lynch said her family “are so disappointed and distraught that the Supreme Court of North Carolina has decided to grant a retrial to Tom and Molly Martens”.Ms Corbett Lynch tweeted that Mr Martens and his daughter Molly “admitted killing our beloved Jason – a father, a brother, a son and a loyal friend”.She said her beloved brother “is dearly missed by all who knew and loved him”.Ms Lynch said they have put their trust in God and would work to help prosecutors convict Molly and Tom Martens for a second time.It could be 2022 before a retrial is heard. Linkedin NewsRetrial granted over death of Limerick man Jason CorbettBy David Raleigh – March 13, 2021 459 Email WhatsApp Advertisement Twitter Facebook Previous article#NewMusic: Culla x Dylan Flynn and The Dead PoetsNext articleCarbery Shines As Munster Have Too Much For Scarlets At Windswept Thomond Park David Raleigh
Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago REO Cash Sales Share Falling, But Still High Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Share Save Subscribe Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Tagged with: All-Cash sales CoreLogic REO sales Sign up for DS News Daily Brian Honea’s writing and editing career spans nearly two decades across many forms of media. He served as sports editor for two suburban newspaper chains in the DFW area and has freelanced for such publications as the Yahoo! Contributor Network, Dallas Home Improvement magazine, and the Dallas Morning News. He has written four non-fiction sports books, the latest of which, The Life of Coach Chuck Curtis, was published by the TCU Press in December 2014. A lifelong Texan, Brian received his master’s degree from Amberton University in Garland. Related Articles All-Cash sales CoreLogic REO sales 2015-03-09 Brian Honea While REO sales still had the largest share of all-cash home sales in December 2014, both the share of cash sales that are REO sales and the share of REO sales that are cash sales were down month-over-month, according to data released by CoreLogic on Monday.REO sales have historically had the largest cash sales share, as they did in December, when 58.4 percent of all REO sales were cash sales. This percentage was down slightly from November’s total of 61.1 percent but still well above half. Conversely, REO transactions accounted for 8.8 percent of all cash sales in December, down slightly from 10 percent that was reported in November. By comparison, at their peak, REO sales made up about 23.9 percent of cash sales in January 2011.”I believe that the slight decrease in REO cash share is due to some seasonal volatility, as we’ve seen this same pattern moving from November to December months since 2010,” said Molly Boesel, senior economist with CoreLogic. “I would assume that the REO cash share would trend down a little in 2015 during the year, but then have the potential to edge back up close to 60 percent again at the end of the year.”The percentage of short sales that were all cash sales held steady from November to December at 32.7 percent, and the percentage of newly-constructed home sales that were cash sales declined slightly month-over-month in December at 15.6 percent, down from 16.3 percent in November. The percentage of re-sales that were cash sales ticked slightly upward month-over-month, from 35.2 percent to 35.4 percent.The decline in REO sales share correlated with the decline in all cash sales for both December 2014 and for the full year. Cash sales accounted for 35.5 percent of all home sales in December, a drop from 38.5 percent in December 2013 – marking 24 consecutive months of year-over-year declines in cash sales share. By comparison, cash sales share averaged approximately 25 percent prior to the housing crisis and reached its peak of 46.5 percent in January 2011 at the height of the foreclosure wave. March 9, 2015 1,135 Views Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, News, REO The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / REO Cash Sales Share Falling, But Still High About Author: Brian Honea The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Print This Post The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Previous: Fannie Mae Reports All-Time High for Consumer Optimism Toward Economy Next: Ocwen Teams With Housing Group to Aid Distressed New York Homeowners
The 2016 Batesville Area CYO Deanery Tourney pairings have been released.2016 Batesville CYO Deanery TourneyThe Opening Round will be starting on Sunday, January 24th at The St. Louis Gymnasium-Batesville. Game 1 starts at 1 PM featuring St. Catherine’s of Sienna battling St. Louis-2 followed by All Saints-1 against St. Michael’s-2.The 2nd Round Games will be at both St. Louis and St. Michael’s-Brookville on Sunday, January 31st. The St. Louis games will have St. Louis-1 squaring off against St. Mary’s at 1:15 PM and Holy Family-1 taking on the 1st Round Game 1 winner afterwards. The St. Michael’s games will include All Saints-2 taking on Holy Family-2 tipping off at 1 PM with St. Michaels-1 playing the 1st Round Game 2 winner next.The 3rd Round/Semi-Finals will at St. Louis on Sunday, February 7th starting at 1.The Championship Game will be also at St. Louis on Sunday, February 14th tipping off at 1.Courtesy of The Batesville CYO Deanery Tourney Director Roger Dietz.