Tags : 苏州夜店蹦迪

first_imgPredictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Linkedin WhatsApp TAGSGardaílimerickmobile phoneOperation Handsfree Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live NewsLimerick Gardaí team up with mobile phone suppliers to cut road deathsBy Staff Reporter – September 19, 2016 595 Phone suppliers and Gardai are urging Limerick motorists to “go handsfree”WITH almost 2,000 drivers found using mobile phones in Limerick during the first eight months of the year, the message from An Garda Siochana is clear, “put the phone down while driving – it could cost you your life”.Operation Handsfree was launched in Limerick on Monday as a joint initiative involving Gardaí and local mobile phone businesses who are introducing special offers to encourage drivers to purchase handsfree kits and to stop holding phones while driving.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Inspector Paul Reidy of the Limerick Divisional Traffic Corp said that the aim of the initiative is to reduce fatalities on the road and the number of serious collisions.“Unfortunately we are at ten fatalities on Limerick roads so far this year while last year there were four for the entire 12 months. We are very concerned about that and we want to do everything we can about that’” he said.From Monday, September 19 to October 1, associated local businesses will be running special offers on handsfree kits for drivers to install and use in their cars.“We want to encourage people to avail of the offers and to cease the practice of holding a phone while driving” Inspector Reidy said after he said that 1,996 people have been detected committing the offence so far in 2016.Chief Superintendent Dave Sheahan said that the Limerick divisional traffic corp had “carried out a number of blitz detections and were catching 40 or 50 people using their mobiles while driving.“That should not be part of our job. We want to get the message across but, for some reason, it is not getting out there.“The aim of the initiative introduced by Inspector Reidy and local mobile phone business affiliated to Limerick Chamber is to create awareness rather than having people getting caught.“We want people to have the information. It is important to convince people that the idea of using a mobile phone while driving is a non-runner and everyone knows how dangerous it is but yet people still try to do it.“If you look at some of the hard hitting advertisements on radio and television that are out there now, it’s hard to understand why the message isn’t getting through” Supt Sheahan said.“I know in my house some people turn the television off because the advertisements are so graphic and hard hitting. What we are trying to do with this initiative is to try and create that extra awareness. We are not out there to try and catch people using their mobile phone. We are out there trying to save their lives. End of story.” WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads center_img Advertisement Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleLimerick is falling behind on Sport Capital Grant fundingNext articleCompetition winner Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Facebook Print Email Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clashlast_img read more

first_img Who would like to help Jose out with a reply?Read full article Comments are closed. Related posts:No related photos. Comment on 15 cool things you should do when you resign your job by Greg SavageShared from Greg Savage on 16 Apr 2016 in Personnel Today Previous Article Next Articlelast_img

first_imgThe 15th annual Bayou Rendezvous took over the Howlin’ Wolf on Friday, May 5th, after the official festivities for New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival had come to a close for the day. It was a massive musical affair, with nine bands performing across the two stages. The event is a perfect example of how charity and music go hand-in-hand, with a portion of the event’s proceeds going to the New Orleans Musician’s Clinic & Assistance Foundation, a charity that helps secure health care for the city’s many musicians.As is the Jazz Fest way, Bayou Rendezvous this year was jam-packed with special collaborations, sit-ins, and all-star groups that can only be brought together when hordes of world-class musicians flock to New Orleans during this time of year. One of the supergroup’s topping the Bayou Rendezvous bill this year was the Bayou Rendezvous All-Stars, tapping noted musicians Johnny Vidacovich (Astral Project), Ivan Neville (Dumpstaphunk), Oteil Burbridge (Dead and Co., Allman Bros.), Kofi Burbridge (Tedeschi Trucks Band), Stanton Moore (Galactic), and Eric McFadden (P-Funk, Anders Osborne) to round out its lineup.Building an “All-Star” band is more than just grabbing the best players available who happen to know the same handful of songs and throwing them onstage together. Matching playing styles and personalities is a big part of the equation. Luckily for all involved, the drumming duties were carried out by Galactic‘s Stanton Moore and ‘Nawlins drum legend and elder statesman Johnny Vidacovich. Their symbiotic style of play is born from countless hours of jamming between them, and this familiarity created an almost family-like vibe as the base of the performance.Not that Allman Brothers and Dead & Co bassist Oteil and Tedeschi Trucks Band’s organ and flute wizard, Kofi Burbridge, needed anymore of a familial connection—with the two brothers together, the energy skyrocketed. Add Ivan Neville, a man whose surname is one of the most evocative and synonymous with the sound of the New Orleans, and you have a supergroup sprung from the deepest of shared roots. This focus on family—musical and blood—fits perfectly with the charity beneficiaries of the evening, the New Orleans Musician’s Clinic & Assistance Foundation.Since 1988, the Foundation has helped the under and uninsured part of the city’s extensive musician population get the health care they so desperately need. Dedicating yourself to making music for the world to enjoy can be rewarding, but not as lucrative as one would hope. By providing a safety net to New Orleans’ many musicians, the clinic allows them to keep doing what they love (and sharing it with us grateful folks), and also provides a sense of well-being to their families as well.As such, when given the chance to help out other struggling musicians, players come in a little sharper and ready to give their all. Before we get to the sharing portion of the piece, we wanted to remind you that the caring part of this article never stops. The Clinic is always in need, and donations can be made HERE to this wonderful and necessary charity that keeps the music we love for nice and healthy.We’ve already seen some lovely photos from the Bayou Rendezvous from Chad Anderson and some fun videos from Dr. Klaw‘s set from our own Rex Thomson, but now let’s check out a few high lights from the epic set from this collection of top talent of The Bayou Rendezvous All-Stars giving their all for the twin causes of funk and family.“Get Back>Sing A Simple Song”“Will It Go Round In Circles”Jamlast_img read more

first_img Promoted ContentWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?11 Movies That Changed The Way We Think Of CGI Forever6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made This creates problems as Shanghai are ready to offer Ighalo a £400,000-a-week, two-year contract to return to China. Ighalo’s current deal is worth a reported £300,000 per week, a salary United would most likely be unwilling to pay – and matching Shanghai’s latest offer looks nigh-on impossible. Simply put, Ighalo would have to take a significant pay cut should he stay in Manchester, and how much game-time the Nigerian would actually get remains to be seen. While his form has been formidable, he has been playing in the absence of the injured Marcus Rashford who will surely return to the team as he regains fitness. Would Ighalo really risk his bumper contract to sit on the bench? Would United want to splash £15m for a 30-year-old on astronomical wages? read also:COVID-19: Ighalo pleads with Nigerians to stay indoors to be safe Ighalo, after finding himself in a whirlwind dream at United, now finds himself in a real dilemma. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… center_img Nigeria’s Odion Ighalo’s future with Manchester United remains totally up in the air as FIFA’s latest contract guidelines add to his already difficult dilemma. Ighalo has taken his opportunity with both hands at United The life-long United fan arrived at the club in February on a six-month loan deal from Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua, seamlessly slotting in at Old Trafford with four goals in eight games. The 30-year-old has on numerous occasions made clear his desire to stay at United, though his contract due to expire at the end of May and he has yet to be offered a permanent deal. With the footballing world currently at a standstill due to the coronavirus pandemic, Fifa announced on Tuesday they approve of plans to relax the regulations on contract expirations. In a statement, Fifa said: “With the current suspension of play in most countries, it is now obvious that the current season will not end when people thought it would. “Therefore, it is proposed that contracts be extended until such time that the season does actually end.” Fifa’s guidelines are not legally binding, however: if Ighalo is to stay at United, a deal will likely have to be worked out between the two clubs.last_img read more

first_imgRAFAELA Silva’s gold medal has seemingly caught the interest of the Brazilian public with Rio 2016 ticket sales on the rise.Ticket sales for the Rio Olympics have been boosted by Rafaela Silva winning Brazil’s first gold medal on Monday and organisers are hopeful that more will be snapped up as the Games progress.Concerns have been raised in the opening week of the Games over swathes of empty seats at Olympic venues.Mario Andrada, executive communications director for Rio 2016, says around 10 000 tickets per day were being sold two weeks before the Games, but that 100 000 were sold on Monday – the same day Silva earned Brazil’s first gold by beating Sumiya Dorjsuren of Mongolia in the final of the women’s judo Under-57kg category.Following her win, Silva burst into tears in front of a raucous home crowd and her achievement has seemingly caught the interest of the wider public.“We sold 100 000 new tickets yesterday (Monday). We had 298 629 in all the Olympic arenas yesterday. We sold 82 per cent of the tickets available for yesterday,” Andrada told reporters.“We expect 344 000 people in all the Olympic venues today (Tuesday).“Two weeks before the Games, we were selling in an area of 10 000 tickets a day. We’re now selling more than 100 000 tickets every single day.“There is nothing better for ticket sales than when the country wins its first gold.“Brazilians, as have been widely said, are late buyers, but it’s impossible to resist when you have the Games at home.”last_img read more

first_imghighlights New Delhi: Steve Harmison had ruffled a few feathers when he said Steve Smith would forever be remembered as a cheat despite his magnificent performances in the Ashes 2019 contest. Smith was handed a one-year ban after he was caught tampering with the ball along with Cameron Bancroft and David Warner during the Newlands Test against South Africa in March 2018. In a chat with talkSPORT, Harmison said Smith could not be forgotten. “When you’re known as a cheat – and he is, I’m not going to sugar-coat it – that’s on your CV. You’re marked and you take it to the grave. Whatever Steve Smith does, he’ll always be remembered for what happened in South Africa.”That’s something he’s got to live with. I can’t see anyone’s opinion changing on Smith, Bancroft, or Warner – because they’ve tarnished the game,” Harmison said. However, the war of words has now intensified with Australia pacer Peter Siddle laughing off Harmison’s comment. While speaking with the SEN SA Breakfast show, Siddle recalled how a couple of England players have admitted to tampering with the ball during the 2005 Ashes series.”It’s more of a laugh than anything because we know some stories about what has gone on in the past. A couple of his teammates from back then put out books since the ‘05 Ashes and talked about sugar-coating the cricket ball to get reverse swing in that series. That’s the irony in all that, that he actually used the word sugar-coat when two of his teammates have talked about mints and different things to put on the ball. It actually comes back on him,” Siddle said. Also Read | Ashes 2019: Super Steve Smith Underlines Greatness With Double CenturySiddle was referencing to the autobiography of Marcus Trescothick in which he spoke about this incident. In Trescothick’s Book “Coming Back To Me”, Trescothick admitted that he used mint-induced saliva to keep the shine on the ball during the 2005 Ashes series. In the book, Trescothick wrote he had used Murray Mints to produce a saliva which, “when applied to the ball for cleaning purposes, enabled it to keep its shine for longer and therefore its swing’.’Also Read | Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Hits 26th Test Ton, Goes Past Sachin Tendulkar To Achieve THIS FeatEngland won the Ashes for the first time in 16 years as they won the 2005 series 2-1. Tim Paine’s Australian side are bidding to become the first team since Steve Waugh’s side in 2001 to win a series in England. On the other hand, Joe Root’s side will be determined to win at The Oval and ensure a drawn Ashes contest for the first time since 1972. Steve Smith is the leading run-getter in the 2019 Ashes series.Australia won the last encounter at The Oval in 2015.England has not lost a series to Australia at home since 2001.center_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

first_img Flutter moves to refine merger benefits against 2020 trading realities August 27, 2020 Share FSB selects Glenn Elliott as new COO August 12, 2020 Share Submit Peter Jackson – Paddy Power BetfairThe governance of FTSE100 Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) is confident of delivering on its full-year corporate expectations, following a robust Q3 2018 trading period, in which the company has made significant progress on its US agenda.Publishing its Q3 2018 (period ending 30 September) trading update, PPB records a 12% increase in group revenues to £483 million, with PPB governance underlining digital growth generated through product enhancements and optimized marketing campaigns.“Q3 was a good quarter for the Group,” explained Peter Jackson, Paddy Power Betfair Group CEO. “In Europe, the encouraging momentum that we saw in Q2 accelerated further, with online revenue up 15%. This momentum, which was evident in both Paddy Power and Betfair, is driven by enhancements in product and good execution in promotions and marketing.”The FTSE betting group, details that it was able to maintain its strong post World Cup Russia 2018 customer activity, with strong take-up of market enhancements such as ‘Same-game-multis’ and ‘Power-up personalized price boosts’ running alongside promotional products such as ‘Beat the Drop’.Closing a busy Q3 2018 trading period, PPB declares a flat EBITDA of £104 million, with the betting group having to undertake several costs adjustments to complete its US strategic joint-venture with FanDuel.Completed this July 2018, PPB governance details strong initial core metrics and KPIs for its new FanDuel US property – FanDuel DFS + Betfair TVG.“In the US, the exciting potential of the sports betting opportunity and the strength of our strategic positioning has been evidenced by our experience to date in New Jersey,” said Jackson. “FanDuel recorded a 30% share of the sports betting market in September, driven by a market-leading customer proposition, our strong brand presence and the ability to cross-sell from our fantasy sports player base.”Moving forward PPB governance is confident of the firm’s global future prospects, operating within Australia, the US and new European markets, as the FTSE enterprise faces increased challenges in its home markets of the UK and Ireland – with incoming increased betting/gambling duties, compliance costs and tougher regulatory outlook.Jackson added: “Overall, we are pleased with the substantial progress we continue to make against our strategic priorities. Our continued investment in brands and customer proposition means that all our businesses will exit the year with enhanced competitive positioning.“Together with our scale and strong balance sheet this means we are better positioned to face the significant regulatory and fiscal headwinds that apply next year and to capitalise on the long-term industry growth opportunity.” Alex Gersh returns to betting as Sportradar CFO   July 13, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUponlast_img read more