Tags : 爱北京验证阿拉爱上海

first_img Receive email alerts Cameroonian reporter jailed since August, abandoned by justice system November 10, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Jailed newspaper publisher’s trial delayed again, this time until January Organisation News News Case against Amadou Vamoulké baseless, French lawyers tell Cameroon court Cameroonian journalist Paul Chouta sentenced and fined in defamation case May 31, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Cameroon April 23, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information center_img May 19, 2021 Find out more to go further CameroonAfrica ————————–30.09 – Newspaper publisher transferred to New Bell prisonLewis Medjo, the publisher of the privately-owned Détente Libre weekly, was transferred yesterday morning to New Bell prison near the western city of Douala following his appearance before a public prosecutor in the Douala district of Wouri on 26 September, when a formal order for his detention was issued.He is now due to appear before an investigating judge on 3 October to be formally charged. Local journalists think the charge will be publishing false information. News Detained newspaper publisher Lewis Medjo’s trial was postponed until 2 January on procedural grounds when he was brought before a judge on 7 November. The judge said this second postponement was needed to give the plaintiffs – who have not yet been identified – time to obtain the necessary court orders.This means Medjo, who was arrested on 22 September for “publishing false news,” will have spent 103 days in detention by the start of the trial, which was previously postponed on 3 October for Administrative reasons. He is the publisher of the privately-owned weekly La Détente.—————————3.10 – Publisher’s trial adjourned for another five weeksLewis Medjo, the newspaper publisher who has been detained since 22 September, appeared this morning before a judge in the western city of Douala, who adjourned his case until 7 November for “administrative reasons” to do with his civil status.A local journalist said no charge or complaint has so far been produced against Medjo before a court. This means that the public prosecutor, who ordered his arrest and then ordered his transfer to prison, will not now have to present the charges for another five weeks.Medjo is the publisher of the privately-owned Détente Libre weekly. News ———-24.09 – Douala-based newspaper publisher held for past two daysReporters Without Borders condemns the detention of journalist Lewis Medjo for the past two days in the western city of Douala. The publisher of the Douala-based Détente Libre weekly, Medjo was arrested by the head of the local plain-clothes police as he left a dinner in a Douala hotel on the evening of 22 September.“This journalist has no place being in police custody and should be released,” Reporters Without Borders said. “Like any citizen, Medjo, as a newspaper publisher, may well have a case to answer as regards what his newspaper published. But Cameroonian law does not offer a fair and appropriate way of dealing with this kind of problem, preferring police raids carried out at the behest of powerful men.”Medjo was arrested by provincial plain-clothes police chief Vincent Minkoa Nga outside the Akwa Palace Hotel at around 11 p.m., after attending a dinner organised by the central government’s representative for Douala urban community. He was taken to plain-clothes police headquarters in Douala and is still being held there.Local journalists told Reporters Without Borders they thought Medjo would be charged with publishing false information. He was reportedly questioned about two articles in the newspaper’s 14 August issue. One claimed that President Paul Biya was going to force supreme court president Dipanda Mouelle, a loyal ally, to stand down next year. The other article claimed that the head of the national police criminal investigation department, Edgar Alain Mebe Ngo’o, had seized the passport of wealthy businessman Victor Fotso’s son and, through an intermediary, was trying to get Fotso to pay a large sum of money for its return. RSF_en CameroonAfrica last_img read more

first_imgTake a look at some of the best management posts of 2017. Hope your year has been great, and here’s to a fantastic 2018!5 signs an employee would make a terrible leaderBy. Nick Davis, Davis Associates, @nickdavisuk3 questions every great boss asks their staffBy. Wendy Moody, CUInsight.com, @Wendy_CUInsight4 reasons top employees leaveBy. John Pettit, CUInsight.com, @John_CUInsightHow to screw your members (and get away with it)By. Bo McDonald, Your Marketing Co, @yourmarketingco, @ymcBOFour signs you should not be a leaderBy. Laurie Maddalena, Envision Excellence LLC, @cuexeccoach 29SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more

first_imgWhat was once a 180-degree role reversal has now come full circle for Dion Bailey. The redshirt junior, who was recruited to USC as a defensive back but converted to linebacker two seasons ago, switched back to his original position last spring after the Trojans changed defensive schemes.Back to the basics · Recruited as a safety out of high school, redshirt junior Dion Bailey feels more comfortable in the backline of USC’s new defense. Bailey led the team with four interceptions last season. – Daily Trojan File PhotoAfter missing all of spring practice while recovering from shoulder surgery, Bailey is set to start as one of the team’s safeties — a more than welcome change.“It’s my more natural position,” Bailey said. “The coaches felt like it was a great time for the move, so I was excited to go back.”Bailey, a product of Lakewood High School in Carson, Calif. was ranked by ESPN as the No. 31 safety in the high school class of 2010.After spending his redshirt season at safety, USC head coach Lane Kiffin approached him about making the switch to linebacker. With more and more Pac-12 teams implementing up-tempo offenses, Kiffin thought adding another speedy ball hawk to the front seven would help cover opposing offenses that frequently use four- or five-receiver sets.Though the reasoning was sound, Bailey wasn’t exactly excited about leaving the spot he had grown so accustomed to playing in high school.“I really just made the best out of [playing] linebacker,” Bailey said. “Just did whatever it takes to help the team.”Though he might not have enjoyed it, he proved to be a prominent defensive force during the two years he started as linebacker.During his redshirt freshman season in 2011, Bailey recorded 81 tackles, tied with Hayes Pullard for most on the team, along with two sacks and two interceptions. For his efforts, he was named the Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year.Bailey was again stellar in the 2012 campaign, recording four interceptions and 80 tackles, good for third on the team. But the unit as a whole struggled, surrendering 24.3 points a game en route to a disappointing 7-6 season. Though the team ranked fifth in the nation in sacks, its turnover margin was a subpar minus-two.“If you look at the stats in the past century, the best two teams when it comes down to the end of the year have the best turnover margin,” Bailey said. “It’s all about the ball. Whoever protects the ball and gets the ball out the most wins the game.”Defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast, a former coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs and most recently the California Golden Bears, replaces Monte Kiffin and has implemented a 5-2 defense in place of the old 4-3 system.The hope is that the increased amount of players on the line of scrimmage will put more pressure on opposing quarterbacks and play into USC’s strengths.Bailey is confident the new system will also play to his personal strengths. Listed at 6-foot and 200 lbs, he has the measurements to play in the NFL but probably lacks the size to make it as a linebacker at the next level.“[Linebacker] was never a position I felt I would play at the next level,” Bailey said. “I’m 200 pounds. I don’t think I could have survived at that position much longer.”Bailey lost some of the weight he had put on to make it as a linebacker, and feels like he has regained the speed he needs to cover the best receivers in the Pac-12. Though his footwork in the defensive backfield is admittedly a bit rusty, the 5-2 scheme calls for more man-to-man coverage, which has made the new system easy for him to pick up.“Coach [Monte] Kiffin’s concepts were more zone [coverage], so it was a lot more keys and reads that every position has to make, and it takes a lot more thought,” Bailey said. “This defense is a lot more simple, so it allows us to play a lot faster.”With last year’s safeties T.J. McDonald and Jawanza Starling both graduated and in the NFL, Bailey is expected to slide into one of the starting spots, with freshman Su’a Cravens, redshirt junior Josh Shaw and senior Demetrius Wright all in the discussion to start alongside him.From the 5-2, one of the two safeties will frequently come up and play alongside the two linebackers, making the hybrid spot perfect for Bailey.“The safety position fits him well in this defense,” junior linebacker Lamar Dawson said. “He comes down in the box just like a linebacker, he’s just doing a lot more coverage.”Bailey’s experience at linebacker has expanded his skill set, which should help him both this season and with his future draft stock.“Getting physical, fighting off blocks, all that stuff I learned over the past two years at linebacker definitely will help me in the secondary,” Bailey said.Though shoulder surgery brought Bailey back to feeling 100 percent physically, it did cost him a lot of practice time in the spring and Pendergast believes Bailey needs a little more time before he’s in game shape.“He really missed the reps in the spring, so that shows up,” Pendergast said. “The more he’s in a natural position to play there, the more he’ll improve.”And Pendergast is convinced the defensive stalwart will be ready in time for the season opener against Hawaii on Aug. 29.“He’s continuing to work at it and just has got to continue to get reps,” Pendergast said. “It’s a lot different being that far back off the ball and seeing the whole field, but he’s working at it diligently, and he’ll continue to make progress.”Follow Luke Holthouse on Twitter @BirdsOnBats94last_img read more