Loading… The matchmaker Tweeted: “No need for a third let’s go straight to it in the summer!” But Whyte was quick on the draw and typed back rapidly to point out that Hearn is supposed to look after the interests of both London heavyweights. He replied: “How about doing what’s right and forcing him to fight me first as the No1 challenger.” Savvy Whyte knows a public row with Hearn is bad for his big-money business but he wants his long-overdue shot ASAP. He said: “I pulled Eddie up but he did not say much. Eddie is a businessman. “It p***** me off sometimes but when we do business, we do great business and he is saying all the right things now.” Whyte was accused of failing a drugs test in the build-up to his July win over Oscar Rivas but UKAD cleared him in December on the eve of his fight with Mariusz Wach. The Jamaica-born tank weighed a career-heaviest 19st 5lbs for that Saudi Arabia win but insists we will not see him in that shape again now his mind and record have been cleared. AJ currently holds the IBF, WBA and WBO title belts Read Also: Ighalo sends Man Utd fans message ahead of Man City cracker He said: “I was at my heaviest in June in Saudi, but I had all sorts of problems going on in my head. “You can train to be healthy, you can train to lose weight and you can train for a fight. “I was only training to stop myself from getting into a deep depression. It was either train or lose my mind.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Dillian Whyte wants to KO Anthony Joshua’s potential December undisputed decider with Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder. The 31-year-old Brixton ace has been the No1 contender for the WBC heavyweight title, that changed hands between Fury and Wilder on February 22, for almost three years. But he is no closer to a crack at Fury’s new crown as he has a trilogy fight with the Bronze Bomber set for July 18. Whyte should be next in line for the winner but AJ and promoter Eddie Hearn want to jump in and complete WBA, IBF and WBA king Joshua’s belt collection at the end of the year. But the Body Snatcher, who shares Hearn’s Matchroom promotional stable with old enemy Joshua, wants to grab that chance ahead of his big rival. Ahead of his May 2 clash with dangerous Russian veteran Alexander Povetkin, Whyte said: “Wilder and Fury do not even need a rematch but I understand it is contractual. “But the winner of that third fight should be fighting me, there should be no undisputed fight ahead of me and that is what we are trying to work on with the WBC, to try to put something in place to avoid happening. “I have more than paid my dues and I don’t want to be fighting for a world title when I am 36. “I want to fight for it now, win it and defend it until I am 36-37 before running off into the night. “Eddie is Joshua’s promoter too and he is obviously bigger than me at the minute so I understand. “We are his No1 and No2 heavyweights but things can change very quickly in this division, as you saw in June last year when he lost to Andy Ruiz Jr.” Tyson Fury will fight Deontay Wilder for a third time in July – with the winner expected to meet Anthony Joshua Seconds after Fury’s sensational Las Vegas demolition of previously undefeated Wilder, Hearn tried to quash the contracted third fight and get AJ in the ring with the Gypsy King. Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreThe Best Cars Of All Time6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Superhero Castings That People Hated But Were AmazingEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now
Mullins told the Telegraph: “We are looking at it – there aren’t a great many options for him so I made the entry. “There is also the Tied Cottage at Punchestown a week later. “I wasn’t pleased with his jumping overall on the day (at Leopardstown). “I don’t know if something upset him beforehand, but he definitely wasn’t himself.” Last season’s brilliant Arkle winner fell on his return to action at Leopardstown over Christmas and could make the trip across the Irish Sea in an attempt to set the record straight. Un De Sceaux could run against the likes of Sire De Grugy and Sprinter Sacre in the Ascot Grade One, but also has an alternative option closer to home. Press Association Willie Mullins is giving serious thought to running Un De Sceaux in the Sodexo Clarence House Chase at Ascot on January 23.
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) – New Cricket West Indies (CWI) president Ricky Skerritt’s plan to chart a new relationship with the organisers of the Caribbean Professional League (CPL) has received the backing of former West Indies wicketkeeper David Williams.In an interview with the website Cricbuzz recently, Skerritt said he wants to have a discussion with CPL officials to discuss the way the tournament is organised and the impact it is having on the development of the game in the region.Williams told the Trinidad & Tobago Newsday newspaper that it should be mandatory for CPL franchises to have at least one player in their teams that take the field, as a means of fast-tracking young players.He observed that a number of top T20 players from the Caribbean are now in the second half or in the twilight of their careers and there is an urgent need to find new, young talent to take their place.“The Chris Gayles and others are doing extremely well,” said Williams. “But those guys are going down in age, so we need to start to put structures in place just like the High Performance Centre to get these guys ready for when we throw them in the hot water. It does not make sense you pick them and they are on the bench and they never get the opportunity.”Since the CPL started six years ago, the six franchises have always included a number of regional youth players, but they have hardly played and last year, each team was allowed to field five international players in the starting line-up and many spent the time warming the bench.Williams said he understands teams want to field their strongest line-ups in a competitive CPL tournament, but it should be mandatory that young players are given an opportunity.“The tournament is good, the CPL is good,” said Williams. “(If) you look at the crowds most of the games are sold out and with the foreign players it is good.“What I would like to see, though, is some of our younger players getting more opportunities just like how (Indian Premier League) does it. We should have a format where the younger guys should be able to at least play. You should at least play two of our Under-19s or Under-23s to get their level of cricket up.”The CPL is in its seventh year and is scheduled to start in September.
The Wisconsin women’s volleyball team will defend its home at the Field House for the second consecutive weekend with matchups against Michigan and Michigan State.The Badgers are hoping to extend their success after a weekend against tough opponents like Ohio State and Penn State. Despite getting off to a strong start and taking the first game, Wisconsin lost its third straight conference match to the Buckeyes 3-1 last Friday.However, the resilient squad was able to bounce back and not only take on the defending national champions, the Penn State Nittany Lions, to five sets, but come out on top. This was the Badger’s first five-set win of the season. The two teams traded sets all the way through the fourth. Then, Wisconsin went on a 7-1 run and never gave up the lead.Freshman setter Courtney Thomas and the rest of the Badgers are happy to have an extra confidence boost but still remain humble.“It was good for us, beating Penn State is awesome,” Thomas said. “It gives us another win that we needed but just beating them doesn’t give us other wins, so we have to come out strong this weekend.”The Badgers’ first opponent is Michigan. Wisconsin was successful against the Wolverines at their home gym in Ann Arbor earlier this season, beating the then No. 18 squad 3-1. The Badgers’ strong offense and blocking helped them upset their second ranked opponent, and with the help of Ellen Chapman’s 12 kills, the Badgers nearly doubled the Wolverine’s hitting percentage.Led in blocks by freshman Crystal Graff and Alexis Mitchell with six blocks apiece, Wisconsin out blocked Michigan 16-10.Head coach Pete Waite was pleased with his team’s consistency and composure last time around and hopes that Graff’s absence won’t affect that same rhythm his players maintained during the previous encounter with the Wolverines.“The biggest thing is staying tight as a team,” Waite said. “Each player has to do what they can to help their teammates out. When they do that, their chemistry starts building and building, and they really are a tight group and they play some really good ball.”The solid and consistent play will be key, especially when defending against Wolverine outside hitter Alex Hunt. Hunt, a senior, previously scored on 15 kills against the Badgers and has had double digit kills in 17 matches, shining even against top ranked opponents such as Nebraska, where the senior tallied 22 kills and 17 digs.Hunt receives the ball from freshman setter Lexi Dannemiller. Dannemiller is a three-time Big Ten Freshman of the Week and has recorded 10 double-doubles so far. The freshman distributed 45 assists in her last meeting with the Badgers and averages 11.63 per set. With Hunt and Dannemiller at their best, Waite expects a much different Michigan team this time around.“I think they were off their game a little bit,” Waite said. “I think we caused some of that, but they are also a very good team. As we watch them on tape, we can see that they are playing some good ball now. Alex Hunt is an All-American who almost scores at will, so we really need to pass well when she is serving and defend well when she is attacking.”Wisconsin will also see strong attacking from Michigan State on Saturday. Previously, the Badgers were defeated 3-1 by the Spartans at their home in East Lansing. Wisconsin fell behind early, losing the first two sets.Despite a 34-32 win in the third set, the Badgers couldn’t hang on during a 6-3 Spartan run in the fourth game to secure the match.Redshirt senior Jenilee Rathje leads the Spartans. The 5’11” outside hitter had a monstrous 26 kills against the Badgers and averages 4.36 kills per set. She is assisted by sophomore setter Kristen Kelsay who adds 6.32 assists per set.“The biggest thing for any team is serving tough and attacking in strong ways so that their setter can’t get to the ball so easily, and I think we have been doing a great job of that,” Waite said. “But Rathje is a good athlete. Some players are going to get their kills. Sometimes it’s a matter of limiting their teammates, and hopefully we will be able to do that.”Playing well defensively will be very important for the Badgers this weekend, especially going up against tough attackers like Hunt and Rathje. Thomas recognizes that defense may be the difference for Wisconsin.“Defense is a really big key,” Thomas said. “Obviously against Penn State we out-dug them so that was great. We can see that if we play really good defense we can run our offense pretty well and come out with a win.”