RelatedPosts Ibrahimovic to stay at Milan for another season – Reports Pioli pens new AC Milan two-year deal AC Milan coach brushes off Ibrahimovic’s angry reaction to substitution AC Milan have confirmed the appointment of Stefano Pioli as their new manager.The 53-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Serie A side to replace sacked Marco Giampaolo.Giampaolo paid the price for Milan’s dreadful start to the season and was dismissed earlier this week after just seven games in charge.It is the shortest reign in the club’s history.SAs Sportsmail revealed on Tuesday Giampaolo was axed after former president Silvio Berlusconi told Paolo Maldini and Zvonimir Boban they’d made a mistake in hiring the coach.Pioli, who has been out of work since resigning as Fiorentina boss back in April, faces a tough battle to get Milan back on track.The Italian giants sit 13th in the Serie A table, having lost four of their opening seven fixtures, including a 2-0 defeat by rivals Inter.Pioli is a former Inter Milan and Lazio boss and has vast experience as a coach, beginning his career in 1999, and was Milan’s No 1 target to take over the role.However, it appears the club’s supporters are unimpressed by his appointment.‘Piolo Out’ was trending on Twitter in Italy on Tuesday – a day before he was even confirmed as their new boss.Many fans took to social media to voice their frustration at yet another uninspiring appointment on Wednesday, too.The Italian will take charge of his first AC Milan game next Sunday when they host fellow strugglers Leece.Tags: AC MilanStefano Pioli
The Northern Irishman began the day two off the pace in a share of fifth but after a frustrating front nine in which he missed a number of chances he went backwards quickly after the turn. He went out in level par at the Woo Jeong Hills Country Club course near Cheonan after his only birdie of the day – at the par-five fifth – was cancelled out by a bogey at the next. “It’s tough to get yourself to commit to a certain line because you’ll hit a few and they’ll go through the break, and some turn more than others. “It’s just tough to commit to the line you choose. “I wanted to come here and play; it’s nothing about trying to build confidence or anything like that. “I guess more than anything else I wanted to shake the rust off this week and try and get into contention – and obviously try to win.” Press Association World number six Rory McIlroy blew his chances of breaking his 2013 drought after a four-over third-round 75 left him 10 shots behind at the Kolon Korea Open. A double-bogey six at the 10th were the first of four dropped shots in five hole as McIlroy, who has not won since changing his clubs at the start of the year, fell further behind as he finished the day one-over for the tournament. Although overnight leader Hong Soon-sang could manage only a level par 71, dropping him into second on five under, Kim Hyung-tae shot a 66, the joint-best round of the week, to take a four-shot cushion into the final day. McIlroy has not given up hope of staging a miraculous recovery but was left to rue missed opportunities to strengthen his position on day three. “Last time here (in 2011) I shot 64 in the last round so it would need something probably similar or a little better to have a chance,” he told oneasia.asia. “A frustrating day because I was in contention after two days and if you shoot a solid score today you’re right in there. “I’ve just got to go out there tomorrow and shoot the best score that I can. “I just think the story of the day is that I missed a lot of putts, missed a lot of chances for birdies at the start of the round and then missed a few short ones for pars in the middle and end of the round. That’s really what it was. “It’s a struggle, especially where they’ve put some of the pin positions.