Tags : 爱上海LP

first_imgAUSTRALIA’s Josh Hazlewood is officially the world’s number one Test fast bowler, according the International Cricket Council’s latest player rankings.Hazlewood, who claimed seven wickets in the Sydney Test against Pakistan, has moved up two spots to a career high of third, behind only Indian spin duo Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.Hazlewood has moved ahead of South Africa’s Dale Steyn, while teammate Mitchell Starc (10th) is the only other Australian in the top 10 list.Spinner Nathan Lyon is ranked 18th and fellow tweaker Steve O’Keefe has reached a career high of 64th.Proteas paceman Kagiso Rabada has also achieved a career-best ranking of eighth, moving up nine spots after taking 10-92 against Sri Lanka in Cape Town this week.Australia’s Steve Smith has held on to top spot in the batting rankings and is 58 points clear of India’s Virat Kohli in second place.David Warner (fifth) is the only other Australian in the top 10, while Usman Khawaja (up two places to 11th) and Peter Handscomb (up 17 spots to 38th) have reached career-best rankings. Opener Matt Renshaw, who scored his maiden Test ton in Sydney, is a career-best 53rdSouth Africa wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock has jumped one spot to a career-high of eighth, making him his country’s highest-ranked batsman ahead of teammates AB de Villiers (ninth) and Hashim Amla (10th).Pakistan veteran Younis Khan has been rewarded for his unbeaten 175 in Sydney with a jump of seven spots to seventh.last_img read more

first_imgBy Simon Evans(REUTERS) – FIFA’s head of global development Arsene Wenger wants to see a change in the offside law which could end a run of contentious decisions in the game since the introduction of the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) but no decision is imminent.Wenger, who was manager of Premier League club Arsenal for 22 years, wants a player to be deemed onside if any part of his body which can legitimately score a goal is level or behind the last defender.It will flip the current rule which states the player is in an offside position if any part of his body he can score with is beyond the line of the last defender.However, the International Football Association Board (IFAB), football’s lawmaking body, does not have any concrete proposal for a law change on the agenda for their February 29, Annual General Meeting. IFAB’s general secretary Lukas Brud told Reuters that any discussion of changes would be a general one and ruled out an immediate change.“This particular proposal is not on the agenda for the AGM,” said Brud, adding that any changes to the laws need to go through a consultation process and trials before any concrete change is considered.  “We are not going to take a decision on something like this in 10 days,” he said. IFAB may discuss ideas for changing the offside laws at the meeting, in general terms, but no decision on a concrete proposal will be made, Brud added.The use of video review has been a source of constant criticism since its recent introduction, including concern about the time to take decisions and the precision with which offsides are judged. The system sparked another controversy last week in the Premier League when Wolverhampton Wanderers had a goal ruled out against Leicester City after Pedro Neto’s heel was adjudged to be fractionally offside in the build-up.“You will be not offside if any part of the body that can score a goal is in line with the last defender, even if other parts of the attacker’s body are in front,” Wenger told British media. “That will sort it out and you will no longer have decisions about millimetres and a fraction of the attacker being in front of the defensive line.”Wenger later said in a FIFA statement that he was not making a formal proposal but mentioning a possibility that might be worth thinking about.“My objective is to continuously think about ways to improve our game and we shouldn’t be afraid to debate them in public,” he said, adding he was well aware of the IFAB process for introducing law changes.last_img read more

first_imgWith just one point in two matches, African representative in the on-going Confederations Cup, Cameroon, must  win against Germany in their last group game for a chance to forge ahead in the competition Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Africa Cup of Nations winners, Cameroon, were in front in their match against Australia but they were pegged back and had to settle for a point. The Lions had lost their first game against Chile -2-0 and only a win today will give them a prolonged stay in the tournament.Group B remains delicately poised after a day of 1-1 draws that left all four teams in exactly the same positions they held on Thursday morning. More importantly, none of the quartet are yet assured of a place in the last four or consigned to elimination, though Chile and Germany remain well placed to qualify due to the three-point cushion separating them from Australia and Cameroon.The mutual respect that exists between the joint-leaders was evident throughout a high-quality Kazan encounter in which Alexis Sanchez made history. His sixth-minute opener was the FIFA Confederations Cup’s 400th goal and, more significantly, took him past Marcelo Salas as La Roja’s all-time leading scorer.While Cameroon and Australia remain winless and rooted to the foot of the table, neither is giving up hope of a third-match upset that could propel them into the semi-finals.center_img T he Germans played out a 1-1  draw with Chile in their second group outing after a 3-2 win over Australia in their first match.A point from today’s game against Cameroon will see Germany seal a place in the semi finals next week but defeat could see them tumble out depending on the result of the other game.last_img read more

first_imgHowever, unlike most of their competitors who have delved into the arms race for talent in another transfer window where Premier League clubs have spent over £1 billion ($1.2 billion), the European champions have been conspicuously quiet in the transfer market.Teenage talents Sepp van den Berg and Harvey Elliott have been snapped up with an eye to the future, while Spanish goalkeeper Adrian will replace Simon Mignolet as back-up to Alisson Becker in three low-key arrivals.Klopp, though, believes the foundations are already in place for another tilt at the title after spending over £230 million in the past two years on the likes of Alisson, Virgil van Dijk and Mohamed Salah.“You should never do transfers because other clubs are doing transfers,” Klopp told Sky Sports.“That makes no sense, it’s not about that. And if you sit back for a second and have a look at the squad, do we need more players?”On the evidence of last season, there is precious little for Liverpool to improve on.– Man City set the bar –A Premier League points tally of 97 would have won the title in any season bar the last two as Manchester City have set a new bar under Pep Guardiola.City have further strengthened the squad that won a first ever domestic treble of trophies in England last season with the club record signing of Spanish midfielder Rodri and will be the benchmark for Liverpool to beat.A 1-1 draw between the sides, with City edging a penalty shootout 5-4, in the Community Shield last weekend again highlighted how little there is to separate the English and European champions.Yet, in contrast to last season when Liverpool were the least affected of England’s big six by the late return to pre-season of players at the World Cup, Klopp has a tougher time in ensuring his side hit the ground running.Mohamed Salah had a busy summer on international duty with Egypt at the Africa Cup of Nations © AFP / Adrian DENNISThe prolific front three of Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane were all involved in international tournaments again this summer.Liverpool have decided against investing heavily in back-up for that trio and their presence was missed in a bumpy pre-season that saw an under-strength side beaten by Borussia Dortmund, Sevilla and Napoli.But Klopp believes the squad he has assembled will be bolstered by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana and Rhian Brewster’s return to fitness, while Naby Keita can have a bigger impact in his second season in English football.“People think that players from other clubs, other countries, are better than the players we have here but without really having the proof, because those players haven’t played here,” he said.“It means whoever wants to start has to be at his top level. We have proper competition and that’s exactly what you need.”Winning the Champions League also booked Liverpool’s place in next week’s UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup in December, meaning they have five trophies to play for this season.However, it is ending 30 years of hurt by winning a 19th league title come May that will determine whether Liverpool’s season has been a success or failure.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is aiming to end a 30-year wait for the Reds to win the Premier League title © AFP / Adrian DENNISLIVERPOOL, United Kingdom, Aug 8 – Missing out on the Premier League title despite a record-breaking campaign was eased by winning a sixth European Cup for Liverpool last season, but ending a 30-year wait to be crowned English champions is now more important than ever on Merseyside.Jurgen Klopp’s men are expected to strike first blood in the title race when they kick off the Premier League season against newly-promoted Norwich under the Friday night lights of Anfield.last_img read more