Tags : 爱上海龙凤论坛爱后花园

first_img Related Articles About Author: Krista Franks Brock Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Home / Daily Dose / BCFP May End ‘Proactive Oversight’ of Military Lenders Krista Franks Brock is a professional writer and editor who has covered the mortgage banking and default servicing sectors since 2011. Previously, she served as managing editor of DS News and Southern Distinction, a regional lifestyle publication. Her work has appeared in a variety of print and online publications, including Consumers Digest, Dallas Style and Design, DS News and DSNews.com, MReport and theMReport.com. She holds degrees in journalism and art from the University of Georgia. Share Save  Print This Post Previous: FHA Provides Relief to Hurricane-Affected Homeowners Next: Delinquencies Remain Low But Household Debt Rises Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago BCFP May End ‘Proactive Oversight’ of Military Lenders Tagged with: BCFP Borrowers CFPB Homeowners Lenders Lending Military Sign up for DS News Daily center_img Subscribe Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Government, News Senate Democrats recently asked the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (BCFP) to reconsider its plans to discontinue its routine checks for violations of the Military Lending Act after an article by the New York Times reported that the agency was planning to suspend these routine checks. The Military Lending Act (MLA) was passed in 2006 and is aimed at preventing active-duty military members and their families from falling victim to predatory lending, financial fraud, and credit gouging. “The Trump administration is planning to suspend routine examinations of lenders for violations of the Military Lending Act,” the New York Times reported, adding that “Mick Mulvaney, the interim director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, intends to scrap the use of so-called supervisory examinations of lenders.” According to the Times, Mulvaney said the “proactive oversight is not explicitly laid out in the legislation.”Public radio station, NPR, recently reported that the BCFP was planning to ask the Congress to give it express permission to do this active monitoring of lenders’ MLA compliance if that is what lawmakers intended. “That’s according to a draft document circulating within the bureau obtained by NPR,” the public radio station said. “It is unclear if Congress would do that to spur the CFPB to return to its previous level of enforcement.”In a statement to NPR, the bureau said that any changes to the MLA would be made “only if necessary and in a way that does not reduce the MLA protections afforded Service members and their families.”Instead of the current method of “proactive oversight,” the BCFP will rely on consumer complaints to identify and deal with violations of the Military Lending Act. Senate Democrats responded with a letter on Wednesday, signed by all 49 members. “The CFPB should not be abandoning its duty to protect our servicemembers and their families, and we seek your commitment that you will utilize all of the authorities available to the CFPB to ensure that servicemembers and their families continue to receive all of their MLA protections,” the Senators wrote.“In addition, for our service members, especially those who are deployed overseas facing hostile fire, it is unreasonable to place the burden of detecting and reporting MLA abuses on servicemembers, especially when they should be given every opportunity to focus squarely on their missions,” they said. The BCFP has returned $130 million to service members, veterans, and their families and received more than 72,000 complaints each year since the bureau’s founding in 2011. The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago BCFP Borrowers CFPB Homeowners Lenders Lending Military 2018-08-16 Krista Franks Brock The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago August 16, 2018 1,390 Views Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days agolast_img read more

first_img WhatsApp Gun business booming in Indiana, leading to ammo shortage By Network Indiana – September 2, 2020 2 425 By AdamHill (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons It’s a unique time for the firearms industry in Indiana, says a gun store owner in Carmel.VA Atkins, who owns Pinnacle Firearms, said his business is seeing not only a unique economic climate brought on by the coronavirus pandemic, but he added that he is lucky to be a firearms store owner in Indiana.When the pandemic first hit the state and Gov. Eric Holcomb ordered statewide shutdowns of non-essential businesses, he declared in his executive order that firearms stores were in fact essential and thus could remain open.“In other states that wasn’t the case,” Atkins told Indiana Outdoors. “Pennsylvania, for example. They (gun store owners) had to sue the governor to try and be open, and they ended up being allowed to be open by appointment only. They relented, but they only relented to a very small degree.”Aktins said it was Holcomb’s order allowing them to stay open that likely allowed them to take advantage of a boom in gun sales that happened not long after the pandemic came to Indiana. Though they benefited financially from the rise in sales, five months later, the firearm industry is at a virtual standstill due to a lack of supplies to sell, especially when it comes to ammunition.“People don’t realize that most ammunition is made overseas,” said Atkins. “The box may say ‘Made in America’, but the ammunition is not made in America. The box is made in America or it’s packaged in the U.S. That’s why they can say it’s made in the U.S.A.”Atkins said a lot of the ammunition they sell at his store in Carmel comes from Europe, where there are still many strict shutdowns in place to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. Many ammunition manufacturers in Europe are either still closed or operating on a skeleton crew of workers.“Once the pipeline ran dry it’s almost impossible to get it refilled in any expeditious way,” he added. “It’s going to take months and months and months.”Which is why he said you are seeing a shortage in ammunition no matter where you go to buy it. Facebook Pinterest Pinterest Google+ Twitter Facebook WhatsApp Google+ IndianaLocalNews Previous articleMishawaka crash involving Indiana State Trooper results in injuriesNext articleHit and run crash leads to pursuit, arrest in Elkhart Network Indiana Twitterlast_img read more

first_imgAdvertisementImage Courtesy:The BCCI recently announced the squad for the upcoming Asia Cup scheduled to be held in the United Arab Emirates in September. The 16-man squad led by Rohit Sharma, saw the exclusion of Suresh Raina and Umesh Yadav along with Virat Kohli who has been rested for the tour keeping the tour to Australia in mind.While the selection panel opted to bring in domestic stars such as Prithvi Shaw and Hanuma Vihari for the final two tests against England, several noticed a major name being missed in the squad for the upcoming tournament.Racking up runs in the domestic circuit, Mayank Agarwal is currently embarking on a dream run with impeccable consistency. Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was one of many who was not happy with the exclusion of the Kings XI Punjab batsman. The Turbanator expressed his displeasure through a tweet which read:Where is Mayank Agarwal ??? After scoring so many runs I don’t see him in the squad … different rules for different people I guess.. pic.twitter.com/BKVnY6Sr4w— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) September 5, 2018The Chennai Super Kings’ star took a sly dig at the selection panel by accusing them of partiality. Selection panel chairman MSK Prasad had earlier commented on the exclusion of the 27-year-old from the squad by stating that the batsman is very close to a call-up for the national team.Despite notching up the runs across all formats, Agarwal showed his class yet again after a solitary knock of 80 in the fourth innings against the touring Australia A. However, the knock fell in vain as the other batsmen failed to contribute and collapsing for 163.Averaging above 50 in First Class and List A cricket, it is high time that the selection staff take a step to include Agarwal in the squad rather than experimenting with the same line-up, keeping the World Cup 2019 in mind.Asia Cup begins on September 15 with defending champions India slated to face the qualifying team on September 18 at Dubai.Read Also:England vs India: Indian legend calls for the axing of three players from the Indian squadThe Indian Cricket team will have a stern test before the Australian series! Advertisementlast_img read more

first_imgWorld Wrestling Entertainment’s Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon made a historic announcement during Monday Night RAW on July 23 at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio.Stephanie took the stage along with husband and WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events and Creative Triple H and Vice president of the company Vince McMahon ahead of the show and announced that women’s revolution will go to the next stage.As all the members of the RAW roster watched on from the ramp, Stephanie announced that for the first time in WWE history, an all-women’s exclusive pay-per-view event, Evolution, will take place on Sunday, October 28 at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in New York.The event will stream live on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view around the world, featuring Women’s Championship matches from Monday Night Raw, SmackDown Live, NXT and NXT UK, as well as the finals of the all-women’s tournament, Mae Young Classic 2018.”Three years ago, our fans demanded a change with the hashtag, #GiveDivasAChance, and an evolution started. Since that time, our female Superstars have overdelivered in every opportunity presented to them, and I expect nothing different during our first-ever all-women’s pay-per-view event,” said Triple H.”This historic event marks another milestone in WWE’s women’s evolution. The spotlight just got brighter for these athletic, talented women, who will once again showcase to the world that they can break down barriers and blaze their own trails,” added Stephanie.The entire women’s roster will be on hand including Ronda Rousey, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Carmella, Nia Jax and Asuka, as well as Hall of Famers and Legends Trish Stratus, Lita and many more.advertisementEXCLUSIVE: #RAW #WomensChampion @AlexaBliss_WWE cannot wait to make more history at #WWEEvolution, and she has a dream opponent in mind! pic.twitter.com/QCFs1WySheWWE (@WWE) July 24, 2018EXCLUSIVE: @itsBayleyWWE already has an idea about what her dream match would be at #WWEEvolution…#RAW pic.twitter.com/GJXfRN69znWWE (@WWE) July 24, 2018EXCLUSIVE: @SashaBanksWWE gets emotional when discussing her feelings about #WWEEvolution. #RAW pic.twitter.com/nCw6sIKxbIWWE (@WWE) July 24, 2018EXCLUSIVE: @CarmellaWWE fully intends to walk into #WWEEvolution as the #SDLive #WomensChampion! #RAW pic.twitter.com/1NtMPqicpxWWE (@WWE) July 24, 2018EXCLUSIVE: #WWEEvolution is nothing short of a dream come true for @BeckyLynchWWE! #RAW pic.twitter.com/O4xrJvqpvfWWE (@WWE) July 24, 2018EXCLUSIVE: Following the announcement on #RAW, @WWEEmberMoon is BEYOND excited to make history at #WWEEvolution! pic.twitter.com/RUO9qDRaWUWWE (@WWE) July 24, 2018WWE is also working hard to provide exclusive opportunities for its female wrestlers to shine on the biggest stage after the company was criticised for not allowing the women to compete at Greatest Royal Rumble due to ultra conservative laws in Saudi Arabia.Stephanie, who had appeared on RAW back in May, had recently confirmed the first women’s Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber matches during her previous history-making announcement.Increasing the salaries of the female wrestlers was also being “seriously discussed” for “late September or early October”.(With inputs from WWE)last_img read more

first_imgREGINA — The Saskatchewan government introduced its 2019-2020 budget Wednesday. Here are a few of the highlights:— Provincial sales tax stays at six per cent; no new taxes or increases.— New $3,000 personal income tax credits for volunteer first responders that serve at least 200 hours beginning in 2020 tax year.— Elimination of credits and deductions on the potash production tax.— Creation of a provincial organ donor registry.— $30 million in mental-health spending. Almost half to pay for nurses and doctors at a newly opened psychiatric facility.— 140 treatment beds for mental health and addictions.— $65 million over five years to improve intersection safety.— $26 million more for school divisions.— Funding for universities and colleges frozen at 2018-2019 levels at $469 million.— Eligible amounts for an autism funding program increasing to $6,000 from $4,000.The Canadian Presslast_img read more

first_imgOTTAWA — Canada enlisted citizens who travelled to Communist countries during the Cold War to gather needed intelligence — a shadowy element of a little-known government program detailed in a newly declassified history.Officials became sufficiently nervous about the tasking of Canadians — and the prospect of being caught snooping overseas — that they had John Diefenbaker, prime minister at the time, give his blessing, reveals a study by intelligence expert Wesley Wark.Wark began work in the late 1990s on the government-commissioned study of how Canada’s intelligence community evolved in the years following the Second World War. Much of the book-length manuscript, based on classified files, was released under the Access to Information Act in 2005, but considerable portions were considered too sensitive to disclose.Additional details of the intelligence effort to conscript travellers were released to The Canadian Press following a complaint to the information commissioner.Canada decided against creating a secret intelligence service to spy abroad in the early phase of the Cold War. But officials were conscious of the value of trying to provide some Canadian intelligence from human sources, especially to ensure favour with Canada’s more powerful partners, such as the U.S. and Britain, notes Wark, who teaches at the University of Ottawa.An interview program was established in 1953 within Canada’s Joint Intelligence Bureau, which handled a steady flow of secret information on economic and military matters.In the beginning, officials collected intelligence largely from defectors and recent immigrants from the Soviet Union and East Bloc countries. The program got a boost in 1956 with the influx to Canada of refugees fleeing the aftermath of the failed Hungarian uprising, Wark notes.In mid-1958 the program turned to the potential value of intelligence gleaned from travellers, mostly business people and scientists, who ventured to Communist countries, he writes.Initially, the Joint Intelligence Bureau limited the collection effort to debriefing people upon their return to Canada. But soon it realized there might be greater value in advising travellers, in advance of their visits, of the sort of information desired, the study says.“This was tricky ground, for it raised the spectre of Canadian citizens abroad being caught and accused of espionage without the protection of any diplomatic status and with attendant political risks and embarrassment.”In February 1961, Robert Bryce, then secretary to the cabinet, informed Diefenbaker about the practice of gathering interview intelligence — including advance requests for information in “a very few cases” following specific approval of the federal government.Safeguards in place were “designed to ensure that the more gung-ho travellers did not engage in anything approaching espionage — no field notes, no photographs, no specialized intelligence equipment were to be allowed,” Wark writes.Selected travellers who received briefings were told not to discuss their activities with anyone, including Canadian diplomatic representatives in the country being visited, Bryce’s memo said. Only “thoroughly reliable and trustworthy” Canadians would be approached to undertake such missions.“What John Diefenbaker made of such shenanigans is hard to say, but Bryce’s memo records a simple ‘approved by the Prime Minister’ dated 1 March, 1961,” Wark writes.It was one of the few instances during the period when prime ministerial approval of an intelligence-collection program was sought, the study adds.“There was always a distinction in the program between tasking travellers prior to their visits abroad, where the dangers of being accused of spying lurked, and more passively receiving information from returned travellers,” Wark told The Canadian Press.Kurt Jensen, a former employee of Canada’s foreign ministry, noted in a 2004 journal article that Canadians who went to the Soviet Bloc, China and Cuba were of particular interest to the program in its early days. However, Jensen found the government files silent on the number of individuals who might have received pre-visit briefings and the extent to which “tasked” intelligence-gathering operations actually occurred.“The danger of sending untrained observers into hostile areas with specific intelligence collection requirements is self-evident. Such a program could not have survived long before disclosure,” Jensen writes.“All indications suggest that this facet of the program was short-lived and, at best, involved a handful of individuals before ceasing altogether.”— Follow @JimBronskill on TwitterJim Bronskill , The Canadian Presslast_img read more