Tags : 商务模特价格是多少钱一晚?

first_imgPredictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Linkedin WhatsApp TAGSGardaílimerickmobile phoneOperation Handsfree Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live NewsLimerick Gardaí team up with mobile phone suppliers to cut road deathsBy Staff Reporter – September 19, 2016 595 Phone suppliers and Gardai are urging Limerick motorists to “go handsfree”WITH almost 2,000 drivers found using mobile phones in Limerick during the first eight months of the year, the message from An Garda Siochana is clear, “put the phone down while driving – it could cost you your life”.Operation Handsfree was launched in Limerick on Monday as a joint initiative involving Gardaí and local mobile phone businesses who are introducing special offers to encourage drivers to purchase handsfree kits and to stop holding phones while driving.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Inspector Paul Reidy of the Limerick Divisional Traffic Corp said that the aim of the initiative is to reduce fatalities on the road and the number of serious collisions.“Unfortunately we are at ten fatalities on Limerick roads so far this year while last year there were four for the entire 12 months. We are very concerned about that and we want to do everything we can about that’” he said.From Monday, September 19 to October 1, associated local businesses will be running special offers on handsfree kits for drivers to install and use in their cars.“We want to encourage people to avail of the offers and to cease the practice of holding a phone while driving” Inspector Reidy said after he said that 1,996 people have been detected committing the offence so far in 2016.Chief Superintendent Dave Sheahan said that the Limerick divisional traffic corp had “carried out a number of blitz detections and were catching 40 or 50 people using their mobiles while driving.“That should not be part of our job. We want to get the message across but, for some reason, it is not getting out there.“The aim of the initiative introduced by Inspector Reidy and local mobile phone business affiliated to Limerick Chamber is to create awareness rather than having people getting caught.“We want people to have the information. It is important to convince people that the idea of using a mobile phone while driving is a non-runner and everyone knows how dangerous it is but yet people still try to do it.“If you look at some of the hard hitting advertisements on radio and television that are out there now, it’s hard to understand why the message isn’t getting through” Supt Sheahan said.“I know in my house some people turn the television off because the advertisements are so graphic and hard hitting. What we are trying to do with this initiative is to try and create that extra awareness. We are not out there to try and catch people using their mobile phone. We are out there trying to save their lives. End of story.” WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads center_img Advertisement Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleLimerick is falling behind on Sport Capital Grant fundingNext articleCompetition winner Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Facebook Print Email Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clashlast_img read more

first_img WhatsApp OpinionEditorialsLocal NewsGovernment WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest By Digital AIM Web Support – December 28, 2020 EDITOR’S NOTE: After a version of this story ran online Monday afternoon, Mayor Javier Joven called and requested an opportunity to clarify comments made in the story. The version below reflects those changes.Odessa’s new Mayor Javier Joven said he is looking forward to the city council’s first work session on Jan. 5 because it will help new councilmembers better understand current issues facing the city and become more familiar with governing procedures.Joven said that three of the four recently elected council members are new to council, but eager to get started. Joven, who previously served on council from 1996-99 before resigning in 2008, is making his return as mayor after emerging victorious from a Dec. 15 run-off against former District 2 Councilman Dewey Bryant. “We need to get up to speed on the issues facing the city,” Joven said. “Three of the new councilmembers (Denise Swanner, Mark Matta and Steve Thompson) are new to council.“There are several issues that the council needs to review, including water treatment, the mask mandate and current litigation. We need to discuss our priorities and if we’re spending taxpayer dollars wisely.”Joven, who works during the day, requested that work session meeting times be changed from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. so that he can participate. Joven said he has spoken about the time change with other council members who did not object. Joven did not know if the council must officially vote to change the time. Joven said he plans to ask the council to eliminate work sessions because he believes they are “redundant.”Joven said he is eager for the council to get to work. He already has several agenda items scheduled for the Jan. 12 council meeting.Joven last week said he has spoken with West Texas Dr. Richard Bartlett about how Odessa can best deal with COVID-19. He also raised the possibility of Bartlett advising the city on COVID-related matters. Joven, who acknowledged his comments had drawn public criticism, on Monday said he had only spoken with Bartlett once to inquire about COVID treatment for himself. He said he did not ask Bartlett if he would be interested in advising the council and denied saying that he had during a previous interview.“That conversation never took place,” Joven said on Monday. “That is a decision that the council would have to make. I can’t make that decision on my own.”Bartlett’s use of an inhaled steroid to treat COVID-19 patients has drawn praise from some patients who claim the treatment “saved” their lives. Many local health officials have disputed those claims, arguing that the treatment has only helped patients with very minor symptoms; very little studies have been conducted to back up Bartlett’s claim that his treatment is a “silver bullet” against COVID. Numerous health organizations have repeatedly stated there is no silver bullet in fighting COVID.Joven, Swanner and Matta – who were all elected after winning a Dec. 15 runoff – were initially scheduled to be sworn into office in January, but the three newcomers changed their minds and opted for a private ceremony on Dec. 22. Joven said one of the reasons the swearing-in date was moved up was to allow the new councilmembers a chance to participate in a workshop and become more familiar with their roles as council.He also said the three were suspicious that they were not consulted on the date of the swearing in.Thompson won his council seat during the November general election and opted to have his swearing-in ceremony conducted on video, which was broadcast live during a virtual city council meeting. Facebookcenter_img Joven eager for first council sessionBartlett not asked to be advisor, new mayor said Monday TAGS  Twitter Pinterest Facebook Previous articleHow to change the way you approach health and wellness in 2021Next articleCLook.tif Digital AIM Web Supportlast_img read more