Wind Power Industry Reports All-Time High Output in U.S. in 2015 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享From the Associated Press:Wind energy generated a record 191 megawatt-hours of electricity last year, enough for 17.5 million homes, an industry group said Tuesday.The American Wind Energy Association said wind produced 4.7 percent of the nation’s electricity in 2015. Coal generated 33 percent and natural gas slightly less than that, the association said.The association released the statistics at a Vestas Wind Systems turbine plant in Brighton, Colorado, near Denver.Demand for wind energy is also driving up employment. The industry employed the equivalent of 88,000 full-time workers last year, up 20 percent in a year, the report said.“We need wind technicians to keep these machines running smoothly,” Tom Kiernan, CEO of the association, said at a news conference.Chris Brown, president of Vestas America, said it can be difficult to find qualified workers.Starting pay for wind technicians is about $25 an hour, said Auston Van Slyke, wind energy technology director for Ecotech Institute in Aurora, a private school that trains workers for the renewable energy industry.Texas remains No. 1 for wind energy while Iowa is second. Iowa generated more than 30 percent of its electricity from wind last year, a record for any state, the report said.The group said tax breaks extended by Congress last year will help stabilize the industry.Full article: U.S. wind energy output hit record last year, industry group says
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet has finally got his man after clinching a move for Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt. Press Association Poyet had targeted Bridcutt and team-mate Will Buckley since the beginning of the month, with the club’s interest in the pair perhaps signalling that director of football Roberto De Fanti’s reign was drawing to a close. The Italian, who was relieved of his duties shortly after the bids were tabled, oversaw the acquisition of 14 players during the summer, 13 of them from overseas. Poyet worked with the pair during his spell in charge at the Amex Stadium and his admiration for Reading-born Bridcutt in particular is well-known. The former Chelsea trainee had loan spells with Yeovil, Watford and Stockport before joining the Seagulls, where he made more than 150 senior appearances in 2010. He was handed a senior debut for his country against Serbia in March last year. Bridcutt becomes the Black Cats’ fifth signing this month, with Spaniard Marcos Alonso and Argentinians Oscar Ustari, Santiago Vergini and Ignacio Scocco having already been drafted in despite De Fanti’s departure. Meanwhile, Sunderland have confirmed central defender Modibo Diakite has joined Fiorentina on loan for the remainder of the season. The 26-year-old has made eight appearances for the club after a summer move from Lazio but has now headed back to Italy. In addition, young striker Duncan Watmore has been allowed to join Scottish Premiership side Hibernian for the rest of the campaign. The 19-year-old former Altrincham frontman made his senior debut for the Black Cats as a substitute in the 3-1 FA Cup third-round victory over Carlisle earlier this month. The 24-year-old Scotland international has signed for an undisclosed fee, understood to be in the region of £2.5million. Bridcutt, who will wear the number 23 shirt, had not played for the south-coast club since submitting a transfer request earlier this month after the Black Cats formalised their interest in him.
The second week will run from February 21 to 25 with seven Lagosâ€™ teams and seven visiting teams battling for the Low Cup while Lagos Fifth Chukker and Kaduna Keffi Ponys will round off the tournament with a titanic clash for the prestigious Majekodunmi Cup, the most valuable polo title in polo in West Africa.Over the years, GTBank has been at the forefront of supporting polo; widely revered as the sport of kings, and promoting the Lagos International Polo Tournament, which has hosted reputable personalities such as His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.Some of the players expected to light up this yearâ€™s tournament include Manuel Crespo, a seven-goaler from Argentina; South Africaâ€™s Leroux Hendricks +5; and Juan Gustavo another +7 handicap player from Argentina.Other professionals expected include Cieza Patricio +6, Adamu Atta, Mohammed Babangida +3, Hassan Babangida +3, Augustine Canale +6, Mario Gomez +4 and Martin Juaregi +4. For the third year running, Natalie Alan is to feature as the only female player in this edition.Polo enthusiasts will also be treated to a variety of off-the-pitch activities ranging from thrilling performances by music stars to an exquisite experience at the exclusive GTBank Lounge where guests will be treated to epicurean cuisine and vintage wine.Commenting on GTBankâ€™s sponsorship of the 2018 NPA Lagos International Polo Tournament, Managing Director of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Segun Agbaje, said; â€œWe love the game of polo, the passion and the symbiosis between the players and their horses, but most importantly, we hold a strong affinity to the sport of kings because it reflects quality, competitiveness and fair play; some of the values that have made GTBank a Proudly African and Truly International Financial Institution.â€Speaking at media session to herald the 2018 edition yesterday, Tournament Director, Seyi Oyinlola, promised that this year will get better as it has been over the years adding that itâ€™s going to be a two-week of thrilling polo experience for the lovers of the game.Oyinlola who commended main sponsor of the tournament, GTBank added that having gained reputation as the biggest polo tournament in West Africa, the Lagos Polo Club looks forward to delivering great values for their sponsors. Coca-cola and BUA are sponsoring two of the trophies on offer.Lagos Polo Club President, Ade Laoye, said the host club has been rejuvenated with the continuous infrastructural upgrade.He stressed that the stables were removed from their former location for safety of players and horses in line with international best standard.Laoye added that aside its international touch, the coming of teams from Kaduna, Kano, Port Harcourt and Ibadan in this yearâ€™s tournament makes it a truly national tournamentShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Some of the most renowned indigenous and international polo teams have converged on Lagos to compete for highly coveted trophies in the 2018 Lagos International Polo Tournament.Sponsored by leading African financial institution, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, the competition will see both Nigerian and foreign teams compete in four main cups, namely: the Silver Cup, Open Cup, Lagos Low Cup and Majekodunmi Cup.The first week of the polo extravaganza starting today February 13 through February 18 will see teams compete in the Silver Cup which has eight home teams and six visiting teams while Open Cup will feature four teams all of which are from Lagos.
The Conwal Singers will host their annual Christmas Carol Service in Conwal Parish Church on Wednesday 18th December 2013 at 8pm. Under the musical direction of Conductor Daniel Braddell, the singers will perform seasonal carols with guest organist John Dawson.Christmas readings will be by Donal Kavanagh. Voluntary retiring collection. If you haven’t been to this carol service before and don’t feel feel the festive spirit just yet, this evening will certainly get you in the mood! CONWAL SINGERS HOST THEIR ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL SERVICE was last modified: December 9th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Christmas carol serviceConwal Singers
BEFORE you think about paying that upcoming water bill, you might want to take a look at these.Mairtin MacIomhair took them in Crolly – pictures of pipes used to supply water to local homes.“The pipe had exploded and was replaced and left on the side of the road,” said Mairtin. “What concerns me is the state of the pipe. As you can see it’s shocking. This pipe supplies the Gaoth Dobhair area and we have been drinking this for years.“This is only one metre. Not to mention the rest of the country which I can only assume is the same. The pipe was only replaced in last two days.“The people of this country are being forced to fork out a small fortune for the installation of water meters. And in the mean time we are being forced to boil water. Which I may point out doesn’t kill everything in it.”Added an angry Mairtin: This is my country. And until the entire system is drinkable from a tap I for one will not pay a penny. The people of this country need to see where there water comes from.” ROTTEN! THE PIPES USED TO BRING WATER TO YOUR HOME was last modified: May 11th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CrollyGaoth Dobhairpipeswater pipes
Tio, despite his hot shooting, said he still needs to adjust to playing in the UAAP and it just so happened he had the stroke against the Fighting Maroons.“I won’t say I already grasp the UAAP but at that moment I was feeling good so I had the confidence to shoot,” said Tio. Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary LATEST STORIES Read Next E.T. returns to earth, reunites with grown-up Elliott in new ad View comments BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Tio was perfect from the field going 6-for-6 en route to 14 points in just 11 minutes as he helped Ateneo flatten University of the Philippines, 92-71, at Smart Araneta Coliseum.“I was excited to play but I wasn’t thinking that I had to score this amount of points, I just wanted to make sure that I played correctly,” said Tio, who had 10 points in the fourth quarter alone.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThe 5-foot-11 guard wasn’t able to play in Season 79 as he couldn’t secure a Philippine passport in time and was considered as a foreigner.Ateneo had Nigerian Chibueze Ikeh in the roster and the UAAP allows just one foreigner per roster. SEA Games medal-winning PH sepak takraw team treated to hearty lunch Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netAteneo guard Tyler Tio had to sit out Season 79 due to his citizenship, and when Season 80 started he had to wait once again as his bum ankle wouldn’t allow him to play.So when he finally got the chance to hit the floor on Wednesday, the Canadian-born guard released his pent-up frustrations.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.
iowa fans rush court after msu winIowa knocked off No. 1 Michigan State at Carver-Hawkeye Arena last night, and in celebration, a few hundred Hawkeyes fans rushed the court. But not everyone seems to agree with the move.Immediately following the court rushing, college basketball fans on Twitter started to criticize the decision. Why? Well, Michigan State was playing without its best player – Denzel Valentine. The Hawkeyes were also favored by 2.5 points. Iowa also led the entire game, so it’s not as-if there was a ton of drama involved.Iowa fans rush the court when we beat a team ranked higher than us unlike state pic.twitter.com/Ct8vArEvT7— nate (@Marky_Marks19) December 30, 2015This sucks because you know that Iowa knows Valentine isn’t playing and they are still gonna rush the court— Logan VanDeWostine (@lvandy7) December 30, 2015I hope Iowa fans rush the court against a team missing the national player of the year.— AustinCSmith TOC (@acsmith06) December 30, 2015You can’t chant “overrated” to a team and then rush the court when you beat them lol but regardless I’m glad Iowa won— Sarah♓️ (@heyyysarahhh) December 30, 2015Good for Iowa beating undefeated #1 but have enough respect to not rush the court against a conference opponent. You’re better than that.— David Wheatley (@david_wheatley) December 30, 2015Silly Iowa fans, rush the floor after winning a game you were favored to win!— Rick Holmes (@spartyholmes) December 30, 2015Way to rush the floor Iowa… You beat the #1 team in the country, at home, without their best player. Idiots…— Chris Thomas (@wtpartners) December 30, 2015Iowa fans…. Chant “overrated”, then rush the floor after beating a team without the National POY. Classic #Hawkeyes.— Jeff Greene (@GMachine7) December 30, 2015Sorry, Iowa. That is the most lame student rush to the court I’ve ever seen.— DP (@sports_and_ads) December 30, 2015If you really just beat an “overrated” team, why rush the court? Do better Iowa, do better… #MSU— Craig Janes (@Craig_Janes) December 30, 2015What do you think? Should Iowa fans have rushed?
zoomPhoto vision: HHLA / Hyperloop Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) and Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) have established a joint venture aimed at developing a system that would enable transporting containers at high speed through a tube to and from the Port of Hamburg.As explained, the goal of the joint venture is to develop and later market a Hyperloop transport system for shipping containers.Initially, plans include the construction of a transfer station for testing purposes at the HHLA terminal in Hamburg and the development of a transport capsule for standard shipping containers.“With the Hyperloop transport system, HHLA is pursuing the goal of developing an additional component of efficient logistic mobility solutions in Germany. As gateway to the future, we want to employ innovative approaches to make a contribution towards relieving the strain on the transport infrastructure in and around the Port of Hamburg and to use the capacities of our terminal facilities in an even more efficient way,” Angela Titzrath, Chairwoman of HHLA’s Executive Board, commented.“Together, we will develop a complete system, that not only concentrates on speed and efficiency, but also takes into account the issues ports face in daily operation,” Dirk Ahlborn, founder and CEO of HTT, said.“Digitisation and technological developments are increasingly changing our day-to-day work. In order for us to remain a leading global logistics hub in the future, we need new ideas and new business models in the logistics environment, as well as infrastructure projects such as the adjustment of the navigation channel of the river Elbe and the expansion of motorways. It is good when we can develop and test such innovations here in Hamburg,” Michael Westhagemann, Minister for Economy, Transport and Innovation of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, noted.Behind the concept of the Hyperloop is the idea of transporting people and goods at high speed through a tube. With the help of magnetic levitation technology, the transport capsules used in the system will be sent through a tunnel, in which there is a partial air vacuum, at speeds reaching or even exceeding 1000 km/h. A test track for transporting people and goods is currently under construction in Toulouse, France. The first test journeys in Europe are set to take place here next year.
Twitter Login/Register With: LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement Did you catch Randy Thomas on the Marilyn Denis show? if you missed it … check it out here. Looking Good Mr. Thomas! 🙂Click the Facebook link below to watch the video (or CLICK HERE)