Abbeyfeale company getting back to work Facebook TAGSAbbeyfealeCllr John SheahanCllr Liam GalvinCllr Seamus BrowneFine GaelHealth Service Executive (HSE)Limerick City and County CouncilMunicipal District of Newcastle WestReilig Íde Naofa cemeterySinn Fein Advertisement RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin WhatsApp Reilig Íde Naofa Cemetery in Abbeyfeale, which has only around 20 graves left.THE HEALTH Service Executive (HSE) have asked for further testing to be carried out at a proposed site for a new cemetery in Abbeyfeale.At this Wednesday’s Newcastle West Municipal District meeting, Limerick City and County Council Senior Executive Engineer Robert Gallagher said that concerns were raised about soil conditions at the site on Clash Road. Further testing was needed during winter months and hoped these tests would be carried out sometime this November.Testing will also be carried out at interim sites and a location at the rear of the convent beside is to be tested as well.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up With around 20 graves left at Reilig Íde Naofa cemetery in Limerick’s second biggest county town, Fine Gael councillor Liam Galvin stressed the need for swift action.“I don’t know if people realise the seriousness of this issue. We are in real deep trouble,” he told the executive.“I don’t see that anything has changed in the five years we have been talking about this. We still need a graveyard!”His party colleague John Sheahan agreed, saying that the provision of a new graveyard must be expedited as quickly as possible. If we keep discussing it one thing is certain — we’ll have no graveyard. We need to put a deadline on this,” he said.Sinn Fein councillor Seamus Browne complimented the council on its progress to date and felt they now had more options than previously.“The community in Abbeyfeale have expressed their opinion on the need to be looking at more sites,” he added.by Alan [email protected] Twitter Email €1.5 million boost for five County Limerick towns from Rural Regeneration and Development Fund Sarah’s winning recipe to keep cabin fever at bay NewsLocal NewsFurther tests needed at Abbeyfeale graveyard siteBy Alan Jacques – November 9, 2017 3736 Abbeyfeale water supply gets the all clear New role for Cllr John Sheahan Previous articleLimerick business awards nominees shortlistedNext article#BREAKING Concern growing for man missing in Limerick Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Abbeyfeale’s Munster Football success can inspire any team Print
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York This billboard near the Cerro Wire property has been advertising the anti-mall crowd’s message.Oyster Bay town voters approved a referendum Tuesday allowing the municipality to sell its 54-acre public works facility in Syosset for $32.5 million—a rejection by proxy of a proposed mall nearby.Taubman Centers, Inc., the Michigan-based firm that has been trying to build The Mall at Oyster Bay where Robins Lane meets the Long Island Expressway, was opposed to the sale because it wanted to buy the land adjacent to the 39-acre Cerro Wire property that it bought nearly 20 years ago.“The residents of the Town of Oyster Bay are much more intelligent, sophisticated, and well informed than Taubman gave them credit for,” Oyster Bay Town Supervisor John Venditto said in a statement. “There was never any doubt in my mind that the residents of the Town of Oyster Bay would do the right thing, and they did.”Buying the land is Oyster Bay Realty LLC, which funded by Simon Property Group, the developers of the Walt Whitman and Roosevelt Field malls that. The company has agreed not to build a mall on the property.Mall or Nothing: The Battle Over Syosset Shopping Center“Unfortunately for the taxpayers of Oyster Bay, the Town and Simon’s misinformation campaign allowed them to slip their rotten deal past the public in a low turnout election,” Long Island Jobs Now, a Taubman affiliated group opposed to the referendum, said in a statement.“The referendum was never about a mall, which can still be built on Taubman’s property,” the statement continued. “We will continue to push this case in the courts and are committed to making sure the Town acts in the best interests of its taxpayers rather than Simon Property Group – whose only interest is maintaining its mall monopoly.”Venditto had choice words for Taubman, as well.“The residents of the Town of Oyster Bay have spoken and by a 2:1 margin, rejected Taubman’s mall, Taubman’s greed, and Taubman’s shameful and unethical behavior throughout the entire referendum campaign,” the supervisor said.
Milan, In. — Thanks to a $28,452 grant from the Rising Sun Regional Foundation a Milan landmark is getting a makeover.The iconic “State Champs 1954” water tower is in the process of receiving fresh coat of paint. The tower was prominently featured in the movie “Hoosiers.”Town residents have also chipped in by making donations at local businesses.Greenfield-based Leary Construction Company, Inc. will not only add lighting to illuminate the tower at night but the tower restoration includes customary Milan High School colors.
New Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce is confident British managers can still get top Barclays Premier League jobs despite the influx of foreign coaching talent. However, Allardyce remains convinced that, if he is good enough, a Briton can still get to the top in the Premier League if given the chance by an owner. He said: “(We won’t know) until such time as a new owner at one of the big clubs is brave enough to appoint a manager that’s done exceptionally well – and there are many of them. “Half the problem is that the British managers who do well in the Championship – and that is being infiltrated by foreign coaches now – only get a chance to manager in the Premier League by promoting the team that they are actually working for. “Very rarely do they go and pluck one from the lower leagues. I don’t know who was the last one – was it Brendan (Rodgers), where Swansea gave him a chance? “But we all face that challenge and if you are good enough and you believe in yourself, I think you can eventually get there. “I started at Limerick in 1991 – who thought I’d be here?” However, Allardyce admits that the presence of so many important coaches in the English top flight significantly increases the challenge for their home-grown counterparts. He said: “We are creating a huge monster in the Premier League, which I have enjoyed working in since 2001. But it has its repercussions as far as English, British coaches, managers, physios, players – there’s a legacy to bear with it. “But we all enjoy where we are and we all enjoy the publicity it brings us. Certainly, it’s the biggest brand in the world of sport today, so it brings everybody from the world to want to work in this country, so we have too challenge ourselves against the best of them.” Press Association The 60-year-old, who once famously remarked he would never be employed by a top-four club because his name is not “Allardici”, was handed his latest rescue mission, this time at the Stadium of Light, when he was appointed as Dick Advocaat’s replacement last week. As he did so, German Jurgen Klopp was taking up the reins at Liverpool and in the process, joining an exclusive club of elite overseas bosses, including Jose Mourinho, Louis van Gaal, Arsene Wenger and Manuel Pellegrini, plying their trade in England.