Tags : 上海九亭哪有快餐

first_img Receive email alerts Cameroonian reporter jailed since August, abandoned by justice system November 10, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Jailed newspaper publisher’s trial delayed again, this time until January Organisation News News Case against Amadou Vamoulké baseless, French lawyers tell Cameroon court Cameroonian journalist Paul Chouta sentenced and fined in defamation case May 31, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Cameroon April 23, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information center_img May 19, 2021 Find out more to go further CameroonAfrica ————————–30.09 – Newspaper publisher transferred to New Bell prisonLewis Medjo, the publisher of the privately-owned Détente Libre weekly, was transferred yesterday morning to New Bell prison near the western city of Douala following his appearance before a public prosecutor in the Douala district of Wouri on 26 September, when a formal order for his detention was issued.He is now due to appear before an investigating judge on 3 October to be formally charged. Local journalists think the charge will be publishing false information. News Detained newspaper publisher Lewis Medjo’s trial was postponed until 2 January on procedural grounds when he was brought before a judge on 7 November. The judge said this second postponement was needed to give the plaintiffs – who have not yet been identified – time to obtain the necessary court orders.This means Medjo, who was arrested on 22 September for “publishing false news,” will have spent 103 days in detention by the start of the trial, which was previously postponed on 3 October for Administrative reasons. He is the publisher of the privately-owned weekly La Détente.—————————3.10 – Publisher’s trial adjourned for another five weeksLewis Medjo, the newspaper publisher who has been detained since 22 September, appeared this morning before a judge in the western city of Douala, who adjourned his case until 7 November for “administrative reasons” to do with his civil status.A local journalist said no charge or complaint has so far been produced against Medjo before a court. This means that the public prosecutor, who ordered his arrest and then ordered his transfer to prison, will not now have to present the charges for another five weeks.Medjo is the publisher of the privately-owned Détente Libre weekly. News ———-24.09 – Douala-based newspaper publisher held for past two daysReporters Without Borders condemns the detention of journalist Lewis Medjo for the past two days in the western city of Douala. The publisher of the Douala-based Détente Libre weekly, Medjo was arrested by the head of the local plain-clothes police as he left a dinner in a Douala hotel on the evening of 22 September.“This journalist has no place being in police custody and should be released,” Reporters Without Borders said. “Like any citizen, Medjo, as a newspaper publisher, may well have a case to answer as regards what his newspaper published. But Cameroonian law does not offer a fair and appropriate way of dealing with this kind of problem, preferring police raids carried out at the behest of powerful men.”Medjo was arrested by provincial plain-clothes police chief Vincent Minkoa Nga outside the Akwa Palace Hotel at around 11 p.m., after attending a dinner organised by the central government’s representative for Douala urban community. He was taken to plain-clothes police headquarters in Douala and is still being held there.Local journalists told Reporters Without Borders they thought Medjo would be charged with publishing false information. He was reportedly questioned about two articles in the newspaper’s 14 August issue. One claimed that President Paul Biya was going to force supreme court president Dipanda Mouelle, a loyal ally, to stand down next year. The other article claimed that the head of the national police criminal investigation department, Edgar Alain Mebe Ngo’o, had seized the passport of wealthy businessman Victor Fotso’s son and, through an intermediary, was trying to get Fotso to pay a large sum of money for its return. RSF_en CameroonAfrica last_img read more

first_imgMake sure to pack your purple, Jazz Fest-goers, as an all-star tribute to Prince will hit New Orleans on Sunday, May 6th, featuring members of Prince‘s band, Turkuaz, The Main Squeeze, The Motet, Snarky Puppy, Thievery Corporation, Allen Stone, The Magic Beans, and Mama Magnolia. This stacked tribute set, known as the Purple Party, will close out Jazz Fest with a late-night dance party on Sunday, May 6th at the Maison on Frenchmen Street immediately following Joey Porter‘s tribute to Herbie Hancock.Without question, Prince is one of the most revered artists of our time. His huge catalog of mega-hits and ultra-funky deep cuts is lionized, and will provide the ultimate musical platform for this one-off supergroup to let loose. Without question, the band is an embarrassment of riches: vocalist Corey Frye of The Main Squeeze, guitarist Ryan Jalbert and vocalist Lyle Divinsky of The Motet, bassist Dwayne “MonoNeon” Thomas Jr. of Prince’s band, drummer Robert “Sput” Searight, saxophonist Chris Bullock, and trumpeter Mike “Maz” Maher from Snarky Puppy, vocalists Sammi Garett and Shira Elias of Turkuaz, keyboardist Steve Swatkins of Allen Stone’s band, percussionist Jeff Franca of Thievery Corporation, and Megan Letts of Mama Magnolia will all take part in this special tribute set. Casey Russell, keyboardist for up-and-coming Colorado jam band The Magic Beans, will act as musical director, steering the ship as this 13-piece super group delivers the best of Prince’s extensive catalog.Russell is excited to bring this tribute set to life, explaining to L4LM that he “cannot wait to play some of my favorite music, in my favorite city, at my favorite festival with some of the baddest musicians around.” He went on to express that “for me, the late night scene is the heart of Jazz Fest, there’s so much musical energy flowing all throughout the city!” A proud Minnesotan, Russell promised to “bring the Purple funk from my hometown of Minneapolis, all the way down the Mississippi River to New Orleans to close out Jazz Fest with a bang!”Everyone in attendance is encouraged to get into the theme and wear purple in celebration of Prince!Tickets for this show go on sale Friday, March 16th at 12:00 PM EST at this link. Find all of the information you’ll need for this show, along with art by Jimmy Rector (@jimmyrector), below.–SHOW INFO–Date: Sunday, May 6th, 2018 (technically early AM May 7th)Time: Doors – 1:30 am // Show – 2:00 amArtist: Live For Live Music & NolaFunk Present: Purple Party – A Tribute To Prince Feat. Members Of Prince, The Motet, Turkuaz, Snarky Puppy, The Main Squeeze, Thievery Corporation, Allen Stone, The Magic Beans, & Mama Magnolia.Venue: Maison – 508 Frenchmen St., New Orleans, LA 70116Tickets: Early-Bird – $25 // General Admission – $30 // VIP – $50 (VIP ticket gains access to VIP balcony, private bar and expedited entry into the venue) — [Buy Tickets]last_img read more

first_imgItalian side, Atalanta are in the battle with Borussia  Dortmund  to sign Nigeria rising star, Emmanuel Dennis The Nigeria striker is a transfer target for Italy’s Atalanta as they look to boost their squad for next season campaign. Atalanta finished suffered a defeat against Inter Milan in the last league game on Sunday, but it wasn’t enough to deny them the opportunity of qualifying for the champions league next season. The Gasperini side has turned their attention to next season and are looking to make an enquiry about Nigeria’s Emmanuel Dennis of Club Brugge.Advertisement Loading… Emmanuel Dennis played 23 league games for Club Brugge last season and scored 6 goals and two further goals coming in the UEFA Champions League. read also:Arsenal sure of signing Nigeria forward Dennis Meanwhile, Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal are also said to be interested in the Nigerian footballer according to reports from Italian media. Club Brugge have said they will only listen to offers in the region of 25 million euros for the player. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Promoted ContentYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime10 Most Praised Historical MoviesBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Theories About The Death Of Our UniverseThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?The 18 Most Visited Cities In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Time Playing Video Games Can Have A Detrimental Effect On YouTop 10 Enemies Turned Friends in TVlast_img read more

first_imgDubai: Former world No. 1 and top seed Simona Halep dug her way out of the pit with a 1-6, 6-2, 7-6 win over Arab region’s best player Ons Jabeur as the quarter-final line-up of the Dubai Duty Free Women’s Open was nearly finalised late on Wednesday.Coached by Dubai-based Tunisian Davis Cup player Issam Jallali, the 25-year-old Jabeur was ruthless against her more fancied opponent, currently ranked No. 2 as she came out firing all cylinders. Egged on by a near-full Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium, the lone former champion from the three who entered this week, just stuck to a game plan and hung in there before escaping with a memorable win on centre court.“I think I was a little bit lucky there,” Halep told fans later. “It was a tough match and I know she is a really tough player. I had to give everything I had and I am proud that I was able to fight till the end,” the Romanian added.“In the end I don’t know how I could finish that in a right way. But it was up-and-down a lot because she doesn’t give rhythm. It was very weird, but happy I could win. The atmosphere was like a football match or a Fed Cup match. I didn’t really realise what is going on on-court. Everyone was with a lot of energy so we had to give our best. I think it was a great match.”Halep’s opponent in quarter-finals will be seventh seed Aryna Sabalenka after the Belarussian got past Belgium’s Elise Mertens 6-4, 6-3.Earlier in the day, Karolina Pliskova and Garbine Muguruza stemmed the rot after Tuesday’s carnage of seeds even as Elena Rybakina continued to roll into the singles quarter-finals.Making her seventh main draw appearance during which her best was a runners-up spot when she lost to Simona Halep in 2015, Pliskova brushed aside qualifier Kristina Mladenovic 6-1, 6-2 in a little over one hour.Australian Open losing finalist Muguruza, who had survived a battling former world number one Kim Clijsters on the opening night, had to dig in even deeper for a 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 win over Dubai main draw debutant Veronika Kudermetova in nearly two-and-a-half hours.Losing finalist at last weekend’s St Petersburg Open, the 20-year-old Rybakina — who famously packed off Australian Open champion Sofia Kenin on Tuesday — continued her fine form with a smooth 6-3, 6-3 win over Czech qualifier Katerina Siniakova. AgenciesAlso Read: Simona Halep marches into semifinalsAlso Watch: ‘Dehal Kasirodam Utsav’ by Karbi Community observed in Guwahatilast_img read more