Tags : 上海夜网YT

first_imgBENT Street, Leopold Street, Rio All-Stars and Kingston are the remaining teams in the Magnum Tonic Wine Mashramani Cup Futsal Championship, following quarterfinal wins on Saturday at the National Gymnasium on Mandela Avenue.Former champion, Bent Street, dismantled Sophia 7-2. Sheldon Holder fashioned a hat-trick in the 12th, 14th and 15th minutes while Colin Nelson smashed a double in the 2nd and 26th minutes. Adding goals were Daniel Wilson and Jermaine Beckles in the 20th and 29th minutes respectively.For Sophia, Dwayne Lowe scored in the 14th and 28th minutes. They will now meet underdogs, Kingston, in the final four sections on February 15th. Giant killer, Kingston, continued their impressive showing, disarming Spartacus by a 3-1 score.Fresh off his hat-trick against Sparta Boss, Stephon Reynolds recorded another three-goal blitz with conversions in the 19th, 21st and 24th minutes to seal the win. For the loser, Simeon Moore netted in the 17th minute. On the other hand, Leopold Street will faceoff with Rio All-Stars in the other semi-final fixture.Leopold Street downed fierce rival, Gold is Money 3-1, in their quarterfinal encounter. Omallo Williams, Okeeny Fraser and Eon Alleyne netted in the 14th, 22nd and 25th minutes respectively. For the loser, Andrew Murray was on target in the 17th minute.Rio-All Stars crushed Back Circle 3-0. Second half goals from Job Caesar, Jermaine Junior and Lennox Cort in the 22nd, 27th and 30th minutes sealed the result.In a post-match comment, tournament coordinator, Esan Griffith said, “Once again another exciting night of action was witnessed, with the trend of upset-results continuing. The tournament is now perfectly setup for an exciting conclusion on the 22nd. The quality of the remaining teams cannot be questioned as several high profile and established brands have fallen at the hands of emerging forces which highlights the competitive and unpredictable nature of the tournament.”Winner of the event will pocket $700,000 and the championship trophy, while the second-place side will collect $400,000 and the respective accolade. On the other hand, the third and fourth-place unit will receive $200,000 and $100,000 respectively and the corresponding trophy.last_img read more

first_imgLocal Donegal campaigners in Right2Water welcome the not guilty verdict delivered by the jury in the trial of those accused of falsely imprisoning the then Tanaiste Joan Burton and her colleague in Jobstown, Dublin in November 2014.TD Paul Murphy, Cllrs Michael Murphy and Kieran Mahon, Scott Masterson, Frank Donaghy and Michael Banks had been on trial for two months in the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.It took the jury of seven men and four women three hours to deliver their unanimous verdict. Charlie Mc Dyer, Chairperson of Right2Water Donegal said; “This trial underlines how desperate the state were to send out a message those who are prepared to protest against austerity that their resistance wont be tolerated.”Activist Owen Curran added to Mc Dyer’s statement by saying “This trial represented an attack on all of us who got involved in the anti-water charges movement, which was the biggest grassroots protest movement in years.“The purpose was to portray all protesters as being part of a violent mob – instead of what they are, real people standing up for themselves and their communities against those with power whose reckless austerity policies have ripped the heart out of those communities.”Philip Mc Fadden, secretary of Right2Water Donegal said; “Another 11 defendants who have trials starting in October and next year still face an uncertain situation. “How can further prosecutions based on the same investigation now proceed? All charges must be dropped now and the guilty verdict against the 17-year-old already convicted overturned.”Maire Nic Fhearraigh, Gortahork based activist concluded; “This trial has also opened many peoples eyes to how senior Gardaí got involved in what could be termed political policing.“This verdict is a victory for all, including those in Donegal who have, and no doubt will again in the future engage in peaceful disciplined protest.“We have had Mick Murphy, one of the accused, address a meeting in Falcarragh a few months ago, and everyone who attended are delighted that he and his co-accused have been found not guilty, and in doing so have defended the right to protest for us all.”Right2Water Donegal welcome not guilty verdict of Jobstown Protesters was last modified: July 2nd, 2017 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegaljobstownnot guiltyprotestRight2Waterlast_img read more