Archives : Jul-2019

first_imgMORGAN Knowles, Regan Grace and Matty Fozard have been included in the Wales squad for their 2015 European Championship campaign.John Kear’s side will face Scotland in Wrexham on Friday October 16 (kick-off 8pm) before taking on France at Cardiff Arms Park on Friday October 30 (kick-off 6.30pm).Their final game is a week later in Bray, Ireland.“Regan Grace and Morgan Knowles who have done so well at St Helens in their academy this year,” Kear said. “They will have a great opportunity to mix and get a feel for the Welsh camp. Lads like them will be the mainstay Welsh squad for many years to come.“Regan, and his team mate Calvin Wellington, who is sadly injured and ruled out for the tournament, came to Saints recently after being in the South Wales AASE Rugby League Academy and I know there are more like them in the pipeline in South Wales.“We’ve had an extended player resource to choose from this year so it’s been a tough choice. Last year was a rebirth, this year we will compete well.”Squad:Daniel Fleming (Bradford Bulls), Michael Channing (Castleford Tigers), Dalton Grant (Dewsbury Rams), Courtney Davies, Jamie Murphy, Steve Parry, Lewis Reece (all Gloucestershire All Golds), Craig Kopzcak (Huddersfield Giants), Elliot Kear, Rhys Williams (both London Broncos), Matty Barron, Ricky Hough (both Newcastle Thunder), Joe Burke, Rob Massam, Christiaan Roets (all North Wales Crusaders), Ollie Olds (South’s Logan Magpies, Australia), Matty Fozard, Regan Grace, Morgan Knowles, (all St Helens), Anthony Walker (Wakefield Trinity Wildcats), Phil Joseph, Lloyd White (both Widnes Vikings), Ben Flower, Rhodri Lloyd (both Wigan Warriors).last_img read more

first_imgBELVILLE, NC (WWAY) —  Bikers strapped on their best boots and rode out to Belville Saturday for the fourth annual Bikes, Boots, and BBQ festival.The event featured a pork butt barbecue competition, a beverage garden, live entertainment by the Chillin’ Dixie Band, and a judged motorcycle show.- Advertisement – Vendors sold everything from t-shirts to custom made home decorations, and there was face painting for the kids.Riders also participated in a poker run that started and finished at the Brunswick Riverwalk.All proceeds from the event benefited Step Up For Soldiers and the North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce.last_img read more

first_img Several people were charged by way of Criminal Indictment:Justin Lee Myers, a/k/a “Longbird”, 33 of Myrtle Beach, SCCortney Lemar Phillips, a/k/a “C-Note”, 30 of Loris, SCWilliam Cedric Gore, a/k/a “Do Dah”, 35 Tabor City, NCBobby Jermaine Kinlaw, a/k/a “Bah Bah”, 28 of Tabor City, NCCraig Eugene Ritter, 28 of Tabor City, NCDarriel Scott, 53 of Tabor City, NCJennifer Colorado Wells, 38 of Loris, SCTeeya Reeves Scheer, 42 of Whiteville, NCMyers, Phillips, Gore, Kinlaw, Ritter, Scott, and Wells  were charged with multiple counts of conspiracy to distribute and possess with the intent to distribute cocaine base, cocaine, heroin, a fentanyl, and marijuana.  Additionally, Myers and Scheer are charged with five-counts of money laundering.Cortney Phillips is being sought by law enforcement to be placed under arrest.Related Article: Man says $252K in cash seized from luggage was for nonprofitThe seven arrested so far were taken into custody this morning in Columbus County and in Raleigh.The investigation is being conducted by the FBI Coastal Carolina Criminal Enterprise Task Force which includes the FBI’s Wilmington Resident Agency, the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office, the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, the Wilmington Police Department, and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigations.FBI Myrtle Beach Resident Agency, U.S. Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration,  and the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office also helped with the case. COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Seven people are behind bars and another person is still being sought in a federal drug trafficking and money laundering investigation in Columbus County.The US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of NC made the announcement this morning. Several people are accused of selling drugs near Tabor City.- Advertisement – last_img read more

first_img The suspect continued north on South College Road onto Chalmers Drive, where the truck stopped for a short time. The suspect then turned left, heading north on South College Road making a U-turn at the Ace Hardware, then headed south on South College Road, passing the Elliott, who was laying in the road.The suspect vehicle could have damage on the passenger side and may have a missing passenger side mirror. WPD was able to pull some dark images from traffic cameras of the vehicle.Elliott was transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center, where he underwent surgery for serious injuries.Related Article: #UNSOLVED: Man shot to death while in bed in Castle Hayne homeElliott, who worked at WWAY from 2011 to 2014, told the station last week he was home from the hospital and “getting better.”Anyone with information is asked to contact WPD at (910) 343-3600 or use Text A Tip. Wilmington Police say the drive of the dark colored vehicle in this photo is wanted for a hit-and-run crash that injured former WWAY personality George Elliott on May 11, 2018. (Photo: WPD) WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Wilmington Police are offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information about the driver involved in a hit-and-run crash that hurt former WWAY personality George Elliott earlier this month.George Elliott, 59, was riding his three-wheel cycle north on South College Road around 5:40 a.m. May 11 when a black pickup truck hit him in front of the CVS and then left.- Advertisement – George Elliott in a 2011 promotional photo. (Photo: WWAY) Wilmington Police say the drive of the dark colored vehicle in this photo is wanted for a hit-and-run crash that injured former WWAY personality George Elliott on May 11, 2018. (Photo: WPD)center_img 1 of 3 Wilmington Police say the drive of the dark colored vehicle in this photo is wanted for a hit-and-run crash that injured former WWAY personality George Elliott on May 11, 2018. (Photo: WPD)last_img read more

first_imgMarco Murice Vaught and Rebecca Purry (Photo: Pickens City Police Department) COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Authorities say a man and his kidnapped ex-girlfriend were found dead over the weekend in Tabor City.Last week, Pickens (South Carolina) police issued a BOLO for 36-year-old Marco Vaught, who they said kidnapped his ex-girlfriend, 28-year-old Rebecca Purry. Purry had reported to police her concerns about Vaught threatening to come get her. The next morning, last Wednesday, around 1 a.m., Pickens police responded to a shots fired call at Purry’s home.- Advertisement – Witnesses told police that Vaught fired several shots before forcing Purry into a black GMC Denali with NC tags. During that incident, the Columbus County Sheriff’s Office says Vaught shot Purry’s aunt, Claudette Purry, 54, multiple times. Claudette later died at the hospital. Authorities say Rebecca’s father and son were at the home at the time of her kidnapping and Claudette’s shooting.Saturday, deputies in Columbus County got a tip Vaught was at his home on Deer Lane in Tabor City. Around 11 a.m., deputies arrived at the home, secured the perimeter and attempted to make contact with the occupants of the house. Multiple shots were fired inside the house, and the SWAT team was called in. After failing to make contact, SWAT forced entry into the home and found Vaught and Rebecca’s bodies, both with gunshot wounds.The Columbus County Sheriff’s Office says their investigation is closed.Related Article: Woman accused of stealing from TJ Maxx, driving off in a stolen carBack in 2008, Vaught was the subject of an Amber Alert for kidnapping his daughter and estranged wife, who resided in Loris. Vaught was sentenced to 10 years suspended and five years probation.A GoFundMe has been created in honor of Claudette Purry and Rebecca Purry.last_img read more

first_imgColor of Spring Luncheon in Whiteville on April 25, 2019. (Photo: WWAY) COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — About 150 people dressed up in their spring finery for the Colors of Spring Luncheon in Whiteville to benefit Lower Cape Fear Hospice.They arrived to a sea of green at the Vineland Station. All of the plants were sold with proceeds benefiting the Lower Cape Fear Hospice.- Advertisement – WWAY’s Donna Gregory emceed the event.Attendees bid on silent auction items and heard from author and renowned horticulturist Mark Weathington, Director of the JC Raulston Arboretum at NCSU.An attendee said more people would get involved in supporting hospice if they knew how to deal with death and dying.Related Article: Two suspects wanted in Dollar General store armed robbery“This gives us a new perspective, because it is inevitable,” Barbara Powell said. “We are going to pass away one day and this is a type of program that helps us to deal with this from a spiritual as well as an emotional point of view.”Powell says her brother died of lung cancer, and hospice helped him feel comfortable in his final days.She says hospice helps people witness their loves ones transition from this life to the next with a feeling of hope for the future.last_img read more

first_img SharePrint <a href=’http://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/ck.php?n=ab2c8853&amp;cb={random}’ target=’_blank’><img src=’https://revive.newsbook.com.mt/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=97&amp;cb={random}&amp;n=ab2c8853&amp;ct0={clickurl_enc}’ border=’0′ alt=” /></a> Arnold Cassola stated that no permit should be issued by the Planning Authority (PA) for MIDI to excavate half a metre deep into Manoel Island’s seabed. This is because he believes that the both the island and the seabed around it are of archaeological importance.MIDI was set up in 1992 in response to an international call by the Government for the redevelopment of Tigné Point and Manoel Island. By virtue of a public deed, the company had acquired the Emphyteutical Land at Tigné Point and Manoel Island from the Government of Malta for 99 years. These commenced in June 2000.Read: Planning Authority gives green light to Manoel Island developmentIn March 2019, the PA gave MIDI the green light for the planned mega-development on Manoel Island. The outline development permit, which is an amendment to the one approved in 1999, grants the construction of 610 apartments on Manoel Island.However, Cassola states that due to infilling around the island’s coast, archaeological remains may lie buried, undiscovered. He concludes that “the island itself and the sea surrounding it are an area of archaeological importance”, which is why he stresses that no permit should be issued prior to an archaeological investigation.He attached a 1909 “Valletta Harbours” Admiralty chart (nautical chart) which shows how the British authorities at the time had infilled the coast around Manoel Island, particularly the South coast. Manoel Island had been taken over by the British military in 1800 and remained under their jurisdiction until Independence in 1964.Read: ‘Clay pottery remains found around Manoel Island’ – CassolaFurthermore, in March, Cassola had explained that after a press conference he did with archaeologist Reuben Grima, a British man had taken to Facebook to post pictures of broken pottery from the Roman era found at the Manoel Island site. He had also said that he had spoken to another person who brought him pieces of broken pottery he had picked off the coast.Arnold Cassola – FacebookAccording to Cassola, the man had explained that the pieces of pottery were found close to the coast while diving with his team to survey the area. The British man had said that there is a chance that, apart from pottery, there is also a shipwreck of a vessel discovered during the Royal Fleet days, from when it was based on Manoel Island.WhatsApplast_img read more

first_imgAdvertisement As part of efforts by banks and mobile operators to increase the use of mobile money transfers in Kenya – ahead of proposed tariffs to be levied on all mobile transfers in the country, Barclays Bank of Kenya announced that it was offering Pingit mobile money to expedite services in the East African country.Barclays Bank of Kenya announced that it was offering Pingit mobile money to expedite services in the East African country. (Image: Google/capitalfm.co.ke)The move will enable users in the UK to send money directly to Kenya via their mobile hand device, which the company said would “boost mobile commerce and Diaspora remittances.”According to the UK bank, “Barclays is the first bank in the world to launch an international fee-free mobile money transfer service.” – Advertisement – Barclays Bank’s Managing Director Adan Mohamed said the bank “is planning to roll out the service across twelve African countries by the end of the year and expand into Europe in early 2013.”But in Kenya, there are worries that the government’s proposed ten percent levy on all mobile money transfers could adversely affect the sector, which has been growing dramatically over the past year.Telecom operators have urged the central government and the telecom regulator to rethink the taxes in order to spur economic growth and investment in the country. They argue that with the new tariffs in place, the costs will be passed onto customers.`Source: ItnewsAfricalast_img

first_imgAdvertisement Yahoo has introduced a brand-new Yahoo Messenger desktop app for Windows and Mac. First made available on mobile in December 2015, the desktop version brings over new features designed to streamline sharing and interaction with friends.This was announced in a news blog today.With Messenger’s desktop notifications, you can multitask at your computer without having to worry about missing an important message from family, friends, or coworkers again.The unsend button feature is now on the desktop.If you happen to send that message too soon or caught a last-minute typo? Now you can take back a message, photo or GIF (yes, even after you’ve pressed send)! You can find out more about this exciting feature here. – Advertisement – If you’re using the old version of the Yahoo Messenger desktop app, don’t forget to update it by August 5 as the legacy Yahoo Messenger app will no longer functionlast_img read more

first_imgWelcome to Starters Orders. Our new daily midday update from the trading room at Star Sports with our key market movers for the day across all sports.Wednesday 19 JunePlenty of interest in our AL KAZEEM CASHBACK OFFER if unplaced in the Prince Of Wales’s Stakes at Royal Ascot.CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS OF OFFER2.30 ROYAL ASCOTNinjago 28 > 163.05 ROYAL ASCOTSarkiyla 10 > 7Duntle 3 > 5/23.45 ROYAL ASCOTMaxios 6 > 5The Fugue 7 > 6Saint Baudolino 14 > 114.25 ROYAL ASCOTField Of Dream 16 > 12Two For Two 20 > 16Directorship 33 > 255.00 ROYAL ASCOTReroute 10 > 8Oriel 8 > 75.35 ROYAL ASCOTMango Diva 15/2 > 6Bracing Breeze 9 > 7Annecdote 20 > 16last_img read more